Chapter 4: Sit Down. Be Humble

A sigh breezed past her lips. She brushed a lock of red hair out of her face, feeling the familiar sense of fatigue wash over her. It took a lot of focus to not wobble and dawdle off in the wrong direction. Her head pounded, her legs ached and she couldn't decide which hurt more.

"Those university classes must be really exhausting, huh?" Y/N wondered aloud, directing the question at her.

Rias responded with another sigh. "It's not just the classes but the people in them too. None of them seem to want to learn anything and would rather spend their time distracting everyone else and muttering about me behind my back. It's frustrating."

"I imagine," Y/N snorted with an amused look in his eyes.

The two walked together, casual conversation passing from one to the other. He held both their bags, one in each hand and both thrown over his shoulders. His loose tie blew in the gentle wind. The fluttering of his black coat went ignored by the two of them.

His unofficial make-shift school uniform had become his standard style and it was rare to catch him in anything else. Rias, on the other hand, had become comfortable wearing her own clothes at home.

He secretly peeked at her uniform as they strolled away from the academy. He wasn't sure why the girls uniform was the way it was; where the skirt was compulsory but the leg warmers were only optional. The way Rias's curves stood out, highlighted, in the black and white clothes were appealing to not just him, but the other men in Kuoh too. Her large breasts, bouncing with every step, had only a thin white shirt, and bra, to cover them. Her jacket lacked the capability to protect them, making Y/N wonder if they were designed not to be able to do that or if Rias wore a size too small for her on purpose.

Rias seemed tired and that tiredness had branched off, becoming angry in the process. Despite his inability to see between certain lines due to his isolation in Heaven for billions of years, he wasn't too oblivious. He knew what pervy comments were said amongst the males and what jealousy rose up between the girls.

He tended to ignore what was said about him. The resentment the Kuoh Academy males had towards him because of their jealousy went unbothered. Dating the curvy red-head walking next to him as well as being with the secret Sadist, Akeno, and the screw loose bombshell, Xenovia, had more than a few perks but also came with hatred from others. Their opinions mattered very little, if not nothing, to him, so he shoved them aside.

Y/N didn't particularly have a problem with the girls, but Rias did. Whenever he'd get surrounded by a bunch of lovestruck hormonal teenagers like a pack of wolves closing in on their prey, Rias would yank him away as quickly as possible, usually with a scowling pout. Akeno, on the other hand, lived for those moments so she could show the girls up with her superior body, leaving them in a depressed state.

Y/N worried that Rias was one negative comment away from a Hellfire. He thought it best to get her home and let her rest. He never struggled with schoolwork since he'd been gifted an education since birth. He excelled in classes such as; History, Maths, Japanese, English, Science, Physical Education, Cooking, Music, and Art History. When it came to Religious Studies, it took all his self-restraint not to get out of his seat and inform the teacher of all the misguided and incorrect nonsense she was blathering on about. He bit his tongue and powered through it, waiting to get home to rant continuously to whoever was in earshot, whether they wanted to hear it or not. They never wanted too.

Rias ran her hands down her face, blurting out "Damn Humans," to herself, momentarily forgetting about their Guardian right next to her.

Y/N swallowed words that formed in his throat. Her casually racist remark went unchallenged. Rias had a long history of despise towards the Human race, brought on by her Devil nature. A disheartened expression flashed across his face and went unnoticed by a moody Rias.