2: Auditions

Sabrina awoke and felt something on her breasts. Daphne had layed her arm over Sabrina's chest in their sleep. Sabrina awkwardly nudged Daphne's arm off of her and sat up. She looked to her younger sister, who she knew wasn't getting up, unless...

"Oh boy, what delicious bacon I smell from downstairs." Sabrina said in the most monotone voice she could muster. Daphne sat bolt upright and her eyes shot open.

"Bacon?!"

Sabrina chuckled and Daphne gave her a sour look. "There's no bacon, is there?" she asked, irritated. Sabrina shook her head, giggling. Daphne sighed.

That morning at the bus stop, Puck was talking with Serenity. Her long luscious black locks bounced whenever she laughed, showing off her braces and dimples. Her deep chocolate brown eyes - that were covered with giant circular glasses - and pale skin glowed in the sunlight. Sabrina glared at her with envy.

"Literally ever part of her is perfect. She doesn't deserve someone like him. He's a dirty little pig with an inflated ego," she said bitterly. Logan, her bestest best friend since seventh grade, raised an eyebrow.

"Wasn't he your first kiss?"

Sabrina whipped around to face the boy with an angry look. Logan put his arms up in mock surrender. "Oh, Lord, save me. I've angered a Grimm," he said mockingly, then burst out laughing. Sabrina tried to keep a straight face, but she quickly started giggling along with him.

"So, how's Jill? Is she doing better?" Sabrina asked. Logan's mother was poisoned by an old hag a few months back and hadn't woken up since. They tried everything they could, but to no avail.

"She squeezed my uncle Jack's hand the other day, so at least we know she's alive and sorta knows what's going on around her. I'm still worried, though. I mean, what poison can't be cured with True Love's Kiss?" Logan replied.

"Cyanide, food poisoni-"

"You know that's not what I meant."

 First period seemed to drag on forever, at least for Sabrina it did. And worst of all, she had to sit next to Serenity. She couldn't stand how perfect she was. It was impossible to point out a single flaw on that girl's face. Even her braces made her look cuter. Someone so perfect had to be hiding something. She must've had some super dirty secret. Nobody can be good-looking, nice, funny, AND adorably innocent. You can have two or three, but not all four.

"And don't forget, class. Your essay on what peace and relaxation means to you is due this Friday." Mr. Green said, clapping his hands together. Then the obnoxiously loud bell rang through the school. "Alright, see you guys tomorrow!"

Sabrina stood up and lazliy pushed her chair in. She picked her books up and walked towards the door. Her frenemy, Brittany, appeared beside her. She blew a kiss and fake smiled before rushing off to her friends who were surprisingly more fake than her. Sabrina scoffed and continued walking with her head down.

Second period was less tortuous. But that's probably because every second period, Sabrina went straight to the guidance counselor to work on her anger management. Since her parents were too cheap to pay for a therapist, they asked the school to help her out. And Sabrina didn't really mind. After two full school years of seeing her almost daily, Sabrina had really made a connection with her counselor.

"Oh my God, Melody, you will never guess what happened to me." Sabrina said, sitting down in a chair.

"Lemme guess, you punched a wall too hard again?" Melody raised an eyebrow. Sabrina scoffed.

"No, I tripped down the stairs because I saw someone who I was crying over th-"

"You were crying over Robin again, weren't you?" Melody asked. "What did he do this time?"

"He has a GIRLFRIEND. I repeat, a GIRLFRIEND. And she's so perfect, too. What with her clear skin and silky hair and bright eyes and-"

"Yes, because you totally don't have clear skin, silky hair, and bright eyes."

The two young ladies stared silently at eachother, blinking. Sabrina pursed her lips and Melody raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah but she's so pretty and I'm so...not."

"Sabrina, we talked about being positive."

"Right. I'm positive that she's pretty and I'm positive that I'm not.

"Not what I meant."

"It's what I meant."