We're Adopting Them | Bakudeku

"What's so funny?"

The laughter died down.

"...wait. Deku, you can't be serious."

But Midoriya was serious. Class 1-A knew he was. Midoriya was an awful liar. He was telling the truth.

"Midoriya, bro, you can't adopt the kids-"

"Watch me." Midoriya deadpanned.

Everyone began talking at once. Telling Midoriya he was crazy. Everyone knew how traumatic the fight with Nine had been. All of them knew they would have nightmares for years.

But they never expected Midoriya to try and cope with the trauma like this.

While everyone was shouting and arguing with each other, Midoriya was sitting down next to Katsuma and Mahoro. He hugged them to his chest, his back pressed against a wall. He sighed happily, very content with staying like this for the rest of his life.

Midoriya ruffled the kids hair, watching the chaos. He let out a chuckle. He hadn't been fully serious about adopting the kids. But he did want to be a significant part of their lives. Midoriya wanted to be there for them.

The kids knew that, seeing as the greenette had spilled his heart out to them a few minutes before the argument began. Katsuma had started crying and wouldn't stop clinging to Midoriya, and Mahoro had gotten a little misty-eyed herself. Not that she would ever admit that.

Mahoro is the one who had said it was like Midoriya wanted to adopt them. Midoriya couldn't help but laugh when he heard that. A few minutes later though, the three of them had the idea to mess with Class 1-A.

Because messing with Class 1-A ends in chaos, which is always hysterical.

Katsuma couldn't stop giggling at Class 1-A's argument, and Mahoro had a wide grin on her face.

She really reminded Midoriya of Bakugou a lot. And Katsuma was an awful lot like him.

Midoriya sighed deeply again, pressing his lips to the kids' foreheads. They giggled at his affection.

"What is happening here?"

Everyone's heads turned to see their homeroom teacher and the Ex-Symbol of Peace in the doorway.

"I'm adopting Katsuma and Mahoro." Midoriya said.

More arguments started between the students as the teachers looked over at the greenette.

"Young Midoriya, I-I-,"

"Good for you," Aizawa interrupted. The man was no stranger to adopting children he had found seven minutes ago. He turned to the kids. "You have a good father. He's a bit of a mess though."

"Rude." Midoriya said, putting on a fake pout. The kids laughed.

"Aizawa! How can you say something like that! Midoriya you really shouldn't be doing something like this. You're too young. You-"

"I don't understand why you're upset. You're a grandfather now."

"I-I, what? How does- Aizawa, Midoriya is not my-"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING IN HERE?!"

Everyone turned to the doorway once again. A certain red eyed blonde was there, looking around the room.

Class 1-A and All Might sighed in relief. Midoriya would listen to Bakugou. The two trusted each other. Everything would be okay.

"I'm adopting Katsuma and Mahoro, Kacchan." Midoriya spoke up.

"What the fuck, Deku." Bakugou said. He walked over to the teen and young kids.

Green and red clashed as their eyes met. The room was completely quiet.

"You're adopting the brats?" Bakugou growled. "No."

Bakugou kneeled down so he was on the same level as the kids and Midoriya. The blonde grabbed the greenette's hand. Midoriya's eyes widened.

Bakugou's gaze was calm, sweet even. Bakugou brought his other hand to gently cup the smaller boy's face.

"You're not adopting them. We're adopting them."

All hell was let loose again.