Chapter 1

A dark blue colt opened his eyes and yawned. He sat up and looked out the window were the first rays of sunlight were coming through.

He slept on star patterned bed and the room was mixes of blue and white stars. He slipped out of the bed and trotted to the window, opening the window and stretching. Looking down at the streets of Canterlot and the Palace entrance. Chirp Chirp! A little blue bird chirped and landed on the windowsill. The colt turned and his dark green eyes lit up and he held out a hoof and the bird jumped up "Hello there Jay." the colt stated and the bird chirped "Yes it is a beautiful morning." the bird chirped and flew away and the colt walked to his night stand and picked up his gold crown with a dark blue jewel. He walked to his nightstand and began combing his light blue mane straight and he heard knocking. He turned "Yes?" and a white alicorn walked in "Morning Lightning Sky." she said and Lightning Sky smiled "Morning mother." he said with a smile and flexed his white lightning bolt schemed legs. Then he looked at the window were Jay had vanished "Were you welcoming the morning?" she asked and Sky nodded "What were you planning on doing today?" "Oh nothing much...reading most likely." "Okay Lightning. Come along. You should get something to eat first."

The colt trotted down the marble halls of the palace, waving to the occasional servant. "So I see you haven't been doing much recently." the white allicorn stated and the unicorn beside her nodded "So who have you spoken with recently? Besides the servents. Lightning thought for a moment. "Not really anyone, just Jay." "You mean the bird that sits at your window? You do realize your not an animal caretaker right?" Lightning nodded "Yeah. I know but Jay is my friend." "Lightning. I enjoy that fact but I think you should..find some friends." I looked down "But being a prince gets in the way, I am CONSTANTLY being mauled by paparazi. I don't think I will ever make a TRUE friend in this place."

Lightning stared at his breakfeast without any interest. Then he heard his mother "Lightning I think I know were you can make some friends." I looked up "Yes?" my eyes filling up with excitement and my hooves seemed to buzz with excitement. "Ponyville."

* ITS FINALLY OUT! SWEET MUFFIN THAT WAS FORVER! And short D: but its out and right off the bat I am doing mah best to make this cool AND FAST! COMMENT WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAPPEN AND IT JUST MIGHT!