It's All Over

"Tam. TAM!"

Biana's voice echoed around Tam's ears. But he blocked her out. He didn't want to hear her, he didn't want to hear anyone.

"Tam, stop walking!"

But he kept walking. Tam covered his ears and kept treading trough the mud. It was raining and he was shaking. But not because the cold. Because it was all over.

"Tam, will you please just listen to me?!?"

"NO! Don't you get it Biana? It's over. It's all over. They took Linh and we're never gonna get her back. I'm done."

The petite brunette jogged through the wet grass. "You know that's not true. We're gonna get Linh back. It's not over yet."

He didn't even bother to answer because it was all just lies. Lies, and lies and lies that mounted in his head. Buried him, suffocated him. And with each lie came Linh's infectious smile. Every time she told him it would be ok was just another lie. And look what happened to her. The Neverseen took her, and they would never see her again.

He kept walking even as he saw the cliff in front of him-- infact he hoped he fell off the cliff.

"Tam, I'm begging you to listen to me!" Biana's voice was louder now--closer to him.

Tam began a swift run, tearing through the overgrown weeds. Now all he could hear was the heavy downpour of rain that matches the tears running down his face. Linh was the only thing that kept him together--that kept him alive. And now she was gone.

"Tammy?"

Suddenly Tam stopped dead in his tracks. Tammy was the nickname Linh called him. A uncontainable fury swallowed him as he turned around and stalked over to Biana. Reaching his full height, he leaned over her with so much anger, he could feel it tingling in his toes.

But right when he was about to yell at Biana, he stopped. In Biana's teal eyes were the innocent, fearful eyes he had always seen in Linh. But the eyes full of fear always had positivity and kindness and hope in them.

He turned around and continued to the cliff with Biana on his heels.

"Tam? Are you ok?"

But he didn't answer as he was deep in thought. Would Linh approve of what he was doing? He had always thought that he was the one who kept them together in Exilium. But maybe he wasn't.

He always thought it was not talking, not smiling, not making friends that were the rules that kept them together. But maybe they weren't.

Maybe it was Linh's rule of never giving up that had kept him alive and breathing.

He sat down on the edge of the cliff and was surprised to find Biana crouching next to him, her beautiful brown locks covering her face.  Tam reached out his hand and moved a curl from her face. Now he could see her illuminated teal eyes-- full of hope, and wonder and unmistakable life.

He turned back to the cliff. The sun was setting and the sky was a painted in blue and green--even some pink.

He felt Biana lean her head on his shoulder. And he felt his own voice fill the air. His voice was full of fear, and worry but also of hope and pride.

"Maybe it isn't all over just yet."

So that was a very short oneshot, but surprisingly challenging to write

So that was a very short oneshot, but surprisingly challenging to write. It didn't have as much romance as I originally thought it would, but I liked that it focused on emotion. 

❤️ Ayiana