Hangover cure

My head hurts like hell and my stomach is in knots, I need to make myself some coffee to help my hangover. But I don't get up. I look straight ahead of me at my wall and just blank out. I think of last night and I think about what Adam said. The things he said about Jake. How I deserve better, and how maybe that better is him.
     The better can't be Adam, I'm too good for him. He's a homeschooled music boy who wears fedoras and star gazes. Jake is a football player with straight A's and he's well liked. Theres no debate, Jake is better for my reputation. And I'm not unhappy, you can't be unhappy when you're at the top. And let's say I was unhappy, I have no right to be because I'm dating the perfect guy. And no little fedora boy is gonna make me second guess it.
     But yet I am, I am second guessing. What Jake did wasn't right, but he just gets angry and we've been through so much together. He loves me deep down, his anger just gets the best of him sometimes and that's not his fault.
     I shake myself from my thoughts and sit up in my bed. My head pounds, I feel the aches behind my eyes. I grab the Advil on my night stand and swallow it down with the glass of water that's probably a week old, but I don't care. I rub my temples and look around at the mess that's my room. My clothes from last night are on my floor and the stuff that I left at Daphnes was there too with a note from my mom:
     'Daphne dropped off your stuff this morning, I didn't want to wake you up. She told me that you decided to sleep at Izzy's house instead.'
     Daphne covered for me and didn't tell my mom that I didnt sleep over. I check the time on my phone and it's 4pm and theres a text from Daphne from 3pm saying that she just dropped my stuff off. So my mom probably assumed I came home around 1pm, good, she doesn't know that I was sleeping here. I'm in the clear.
     I decide to get ready so I can go out and get some coffee from the dunkin down the block to help my hangover. I throw on a tie dye tube top that I made, black ripped jeans shorts and flip flops. I also put on a golden choker that my mom gave me that has little stars on it. I tie my hair up in a sleek and smooth pony tail and put on some mascara. Even though I'm hungover and in pain, I still need to look presentable or else I wouldn't allow myself to leave the house.
———
     I walk into the Dunkin and walk up to the register to order. I order a medium iced coffee and a hash brown, even though it is 5pm and it's basically dinner time. After I pay I stand back while I wait for my order but I hear a familiar voice "hey (Y/N), wow you look great. I would never know that you're probably hungover." He said with a laugh, a little girl runs over to him and waves at me. "Oh this is my little sister Eliana. She wanted a donut so I brought her here" he says introducing her.
     The three of us sat down and they ate their donuts as I chewed on my hash brown and chugged my iced coffee. It was nice to learn more about his family and their band. His sister really likes me, I promised I'd teach her how to tie dye shirts just like the one I'm wearing.
     It kind of made me feel inferior for once though, and I never feel that way. Adam had things that I didn't. Things that I was jealous of. Musical talent and of course a happy family. I mean he had both parents, AND siblings that he's close with and cares about. My brother is barely ever home and my dad hasn't been home in years.
     My head starts to feel a little bit better, Advil and coffee are the best hangover cures. I would know. "We've gotta get going, it's almost dinner time." Adam says as he checks the time on his phone. The three of us stand up from the table and as I get up Eliana runs up to me, "goodbye (Y/N) I loved meeting you and I hope you can come over someday!" She says as she runs out of the Dunkin. Before Adam leaves he says one last thing to me, "wow. You won her over just as fast as you won me over." He winks and follows Eliana out.
     What is that supposed to mean. What was that wink. My heart skips a beat and I feel my stomach jump. I catch myself smiling, I stop myself before I look stupid. Maybe Adam wouldn't be the worst thing for my reputation, and even if he was, at least I'd be happy. I just sat and talked to a guy without him calling me stupid or making me feel like I'm less than him. Maybe I do deserve this. But even if I do break up with Jake, I'd want time before dating anyone else. I need time to heal a little from the way he's made me feel.
     I've officially lost all feelings for Jake.