Officially unofficial

"(Y/N), oh my god, are you alright? What happened?" Adam said as he rushed over to me. I told him to meet me halfway on the walk to his house, he looked scared and pained. "I broke up with Jake, but he was cheating on me with my best friend. But you know what, at least I have something better now. I have you." I said as he pulled me in for a hug. He pulled away and brushed the hair out of my face and tried to wipe away as much of my mascara as he could.
"(Y/N) I don't know if this is the right time, but I was planning on asking you today anyways. Do you want to maybe make it official." He said with a hopeful smile on his face. I took his hands in mine and looked into his eyes, "look, Adam. I like you and over the short amount time we have spent together I just feel so close to you. Maybe we can slow down. I'm not ready for something just yet. I dated Jake for a long time and he's basically all I know. You know about my trust issues and my dad, this isn't no, this is just not right now. I would love to in the future."
He nodded and put a hand on my cheek and said, "so, officially unofficial?" I laughed and rolled my eyes, "yes." And right as I lean in for a kiss he stops me. "Wait I need to do this properly. (Y/N) will you officially be my unofficial girlfriend?" He said with a huge dorky smile on his face. "How could I say no?" I say back with an even dorkier smile on my face. Then we kiss in the middle of the sidewalk.
     And for once I don't care how I look, I don't care that I have makeup running down my face. And I don't care that I'm kissing a home schooled 'dork'. I'm learning to look past the labels of other people and the way I present myself. Reputation doesn't exist. So I don't care about mine. I pull him closer and smile into the kiss. "What?" He says with a laugh, questioning my smile. Our foreheads are touching along with the tip of our noses. "Nothing." I say and I go back for another kiss.
———
     We decided to go to the preserve where we first met, it was about 4pm. Now I'm washing my makeup off with a tissue and water from my water bottle. It's taking a little while but at least I won't have mascara stains on my cheeks anymore. Adam takes his shirt off and then lays down in the grass in the sunlight. "What are you doing?" I say as I walk over to him. "I'm tanning, you should try it. You look like Casper." He says as he playfully punches my arm, "Not actually though, you're gorgeous." He says making sure that I knew he was joking.
     "Ok, I'll tan with you then." I say and with that I lift my top off over my head and lay down next to him in my bra and shorts. He gasps and sits up "woah you didn't have to do that, t-thats not what I meant." He said blushing and trying to look away. "You're allowed to look" I say as I sit up, grab his hand and put it on my shoulder. He tensed up and seemed nervous, but I was obviously more confident.
     "You're so pretty" he says, finally giving in and looking at me. But he isn't focusing on the fact that I'm sitting here in my bra. He looked, but not for long. His eyes were focused on my face. I smile "it's all for you" I say and lean in and kiss him. He leaves his hands at his sides, I guess he feels bad touching me while I don't have a shirt on. So I guide his hand to my side and place it there, giving him the hint that it's ok. We continue to kiss while we sit next to each other in the patch of grass. His hand slowly creeps further and further up to my chest until he reaches the side of my bra.
     Soon enough he gets used to it and is comfortable enough to touch my chest. I break away from the kiss and push my hair behind me. Then I get on top of his lap and put one hand in his hair and the other on his hand that is holding my boob. We continue the kiss and I play with his curly hair as we makeout. Then I move my hand lower to the back of his neck and gently stroke it. He shivers a little and smiles into the kiss.
     He breaks away and says "(Y/N), I just want to keep reminding you that you are the prettiest and most wonderful girl that I have ever met. Come on and get your shirt on, let's go back to my place for dinner." He stands up and holds out his hand for me to take so he can help me up. I accept his hand and he pulls me to my feet and hands me my shirt. I slip it back on and grab my bag. Then I take his hand and we walk out of the abandoned preserve together.