Head over feet

I've been talking to Adams siblings for about 20 minutes now while he's in the shower. I clicked with all of them right away, they're all so outgoing and bright. And Eliana is turning into the little sister that I always wished that I had, she never leaves my side. I sat on the swing next to Eliana as George pushed her, the 3 of us talked about their music and how I was going to college for nursing in the fall. I promised to visit Eliana on the weekends when I wasn't in classes.
     Adam comes running over with wet hair, and no fedora. "Hey, wheres the hat?" I asked as I hop off the swing. "My hairs wet right now, I'll put it back on when it's dry. Wanna come inside and watch a movie or something?" He asks pointing towards the house. I look at Eliana and George and they nod that it's ok to go with Adam, I nod yes and we start walking towards the house.
———
     "Oh the rent movie is on channel 107! Let's watch!" Adam says as he jumps onto the couch next to me. "What's rent?" I say laughing and throwing a piece of popcorn into my mouth. "Wow (Y/N) I knew that you weren't really into music but I didn't know that you were THIS uncultured! It's only the best rock musical of all time!" Adam says defending his movie choice "ok but you're gonna have to keep explaining what's happening to me, I've never really understood musicals." I say with a laugh.
     About an hour into the movie I notice that Adam is moving closer to me, I don't fight it like I did at the preserve when I pulled my hand away. He's really growing on me, I really need to stop trusting people so easily. He stops moving closer, he's probably nervous that I'm going to get mad again, so I move even closer to him as if I'm telling him that it's ok. Now we are shoulder to shoulder and our arms are touching. He seems... awkward, as if he isn't used to this, but this is completely normal for me. He's almost 18 and he's nervous of being this close to a girl, it's nerdy yet cute.
     He doesn't seem to know what to do next, so I take his arm and wrap it around me, I lay my head on his shoulder and look up at him. He's looking down at me and smiling, we lock eyes and don't do anything. We just study each other's faces, our expressions and emotions. I take it all in, how I'll never have this moment again. How just a few days ago he was a perfect stranger outside Starbucks and now after 2 1/2 days he gets me better than anyone. Even Jake.
     I lean in closer to his face and whisper "what are u thinking right now, you're kind of hard to read sometimes. But I like it." I say, not losing the eye contact that we have going on. "I'm thinking of kissing you." He says as he glances down at my lips. I move closer and whisper into his ear "then do it, nothings stopping you." And with that, he accepts my invitation and we kiss.
     I never understood why people describe kisses like there are sparks flying, as if you know this person is perfect for you. I think it's stupid. A kiss is a kiss, there's no spark, the spark doesn't exist. But what does exist is the happiness that I felt in that moment, how safe I felt in his arms and how warm his lips felt against mine. He pulls away and just stares into my eyes and smiles, he pulls me even closer and we continue to watch the movie. I look back up at him and notice that he's still smiling. It's so dorky but in the cutest way. And in that moment I knew that there is no place I'd rather be. This boy has got me falling head over feet and I no longer wanna fight it.