7

Izuku didn't know what he expected, but it wasn't this.

Once they got back to the dorms the evening after school had ended, almost half of the students from 1-A had come up to him asking if he could teach them how he took down Katsuki. Even though he already told them how during the fight.

"Look, if you were listening during the fight, I already gave you tips on how to beat any opponent. Not just Mr. Ego over there." He gestured vaguely to Katsuki.

After a while of arguing, he finally caved in just a bit.

"Fine, I'll give you one more piece of advice if it will make you stop asking about this." The students eagerly nodded, waiting with bated breath for whatever he would say to them. "I have been learning to fight since I was nine years old. That means I have six years of experience. I could only take Katsuki on because he relies so heavily on his quirk. Some of you would be helpless if your quirk were to disappear.

"Me? My quirk can only carry me so far. If I don't have a solution where I can use it safely and not seriously harm my comrades or any civilians, I have to resort to other methods," He pulled a knife from its sheath on his calf and balanced it with the blade on his finger. "Just know that any skill you have can be used in a fight if you know how to use it to your advantage."

With that, thrust his hand up, effectively throwing the knife into the air, and watching the horrified faces of the students as it spun wildly before catching it by the handle and putting it back in its sheath as he walked away.

"Mido, that was so kickass. When did you learn to be so awesome?" Billy asked as he passed him in the kitchen.

"That was nothing. It was just an edited version of the long, boring speech Logan gave us at the beginning of our hero course at school. Really," Izuku picked up an apple from the fruit bowl and took a bite out of it, chewing slowly before swallowing. "They needed someone to tell them before the world shoves those same harsh realities up their asses."

"Um, excuse me? Catastrophe?"

Izuku turned around to see a few of the students who hadn't asked him about his fight with Katsuki, but he could tell they had been listening in. Each one held a notebook in their hand and Izuku wondered if they had actually taken notes when he said they could earlier during the fight.

"Yes?"

"We were wondering if you could help us with the English assignment Present Mic gave us today. He isn't really the best at explaining topics sometimes." The one with a short, brown bob asked, bowing down at the waist.

"Oh, um, I'm not the best with English." He looked around frantically for an exit before Billy caught his eye. He mentally apologized before grabbing his friend's shoulders and shoving him forward. "But Bi– er, Wiccan was born and raised in the United States, so he can help you. I'm sure of it."

"Wait, what? Why me? What is with you guys constantly throwing me under the bus lately whenever you don't want to do something?"

"Lately? Pft, this has been going on since I met you. You're the middle child. You've gotta stop being in the wrong place at the right time, buddy." Izuku laughed, pushing him closer to the group that seemed enthralled by their conversation.

"Fine, I'll do it," He pointedly ignored the giant, shit-eating grin on Izuku's face, "But–"

"Oh, come on. Why can't you just teach the children English. That's what a hero would do you know." Billy just glared back at him as Izuku continued to attempt shoving him even closer to the other teens in the room.

"But," Billy repeated, his heels digging harder into the tile floors in an attempt to stop his friend's desperate shoving. "Since my Japanese isn't the best, you have to help me. No arguments."

"Whatever," He finally caved, turning to the teens, "He'll help you, but his Japanese isn't the best, so I guess I'm coming as well."

The rest of the evening until dinner was spent at the long table teaching the students English. Surprisingly, Billy was actually quite a good teacher when he understood the question being asked. Izuku didn't actually do much other than translate for him, and it filled him with a bit of pride that his friend was doing so well.

When dinner was served by Mina (who's turn it was to cook that night) Izuku and Billy quickly ate before heading out to guard while Idie and Noriko came in to eat.

It was a quiet night, and some of the kids from earlier had actually come out to sit with them, claiming they looked lonely. It warmed Izuku's heart that they cared enough to sit out in the chilly night, even if they were wearing jackets.

Although, he was glad Idie and Noriko didn't have to stay out tonight. It was pretty cold, and neither of their costumes were very warm. At least he had a coat and Billy had his cape. But whenever Izuku tried to bring it up and tell them to wear a coat, they both argued that Idie's fire was more than enough to keep them warm.

'Yeah right. Says the two people I'm constantly giving my coat because they're shivering and staring at me with pleading eyes.' Izuku couldn't help but think every time the topic came up.

By the time they switched, and Idie and Noriko came out, Izuku was practically asleep on his feet, and glad that he had someone there to carry (levitate?) him to his room. At Xavier's he was notorious for overworking himself to the point of passing out, especially when it came to hero work, so by now they were all used to it. Izuku guessed he could see why they were a bit overprotective of him when he didn't really have any regard for his own wellbeing sometimes.

Luckily, as he fell asleep that night, no dreams plagued his sleep. It was the first time in years that there hadn't been a single dream while he slept. He felt safe and comfortable and he never wanted to wake up.

Too bad all good things must end. Really, if he thought back on it, that dreamless sleep had been the calm before the shit storm to come.

---

Short chapter, sorry.