6 ➸ silk

{ What is even their ship name. Like. Sarl? Cage? (Hah.) idk. I guess we'll worry about that when things get a little more heated(: Hehe. Enjoy my babes. Ily.

But may I remind you of something very quick;

This isn't very typical. If Sage and Carl kiss, it does not automatically mean they're a couple. With them; it just doesn't work that easily.

And yes...there'll be a lot of smut coming this book. Most before they're even anything at all.

And if sex between two lonely teenagers doesn't sweeten your tea, then skip the chapters or carry along elsewhere(: (no it's not happening this chapter but I would guess fairly soon.)

It isn't very sweet and typical for a little while. So move on if you aren't interested, but most won't complain about smut heh.

I'll warn you before the chapter if they do, but...not for a bit.

K bye ily. }

{Fix You by Coldplay}

Sage

My blade raggedly embedded through the temple of a creature. It went limp in my arms and a single strand of dark blood ran down the deep, deadly gash.

The body to the zombie was incredibly heavy, and I found it slightly tipping me sideways. I grunted and tossed it aside, earning another weak kill. Tens of bodies were pooled at my feet, and I heard Carl sigh as he killed off the others by the glass doors.

I stopped walking to catch my breath, loosely holding my knife. I panted and blinked and watched Carl, awestruck.

Three zombies stumbled out from the shop labeled Mimi's Cafe. Their jaws were disoriented and clattered as they extended their arms, reaching for Carl's body and flesh and insides and life.

Carl wiped his lips with the sleeve to his plaid flannel. He took a few steps back and let the zombies follow him, and he laughed a little. Carl positioned his hat before using his hand to hit one clear across the face. It threw the first zombie back and caused it to stumble, collapsing on top of the other two. The three zombies each helplessly fell down to the pavement, trying to redeem.

"Sage!" Carl grunted, turning around and roughly motioning his hand.

I paused for a moment before realizing he needed my help. I then made an obstacle over the dead bodies that littered the grounds, meeting up with Carl by the glass doors.

Before I could pull out my knife, Carl brought his foot back and stepped on the first one's head. The zombie stopped gurgling and its insides went flat on the gravel. I scrunched my nose but held my knife, bending down and plunging the blade through its eye. I took care of the final one as Carl let out his final energy, his boot bloodied.

I stood up from the ground and wiped at my jeans, my hands shaking.

Carl's breaths accelerated and he took his hat off, holding it. Hands ran in the tangles through his knotty, damp hair, and he swallowed in exhaustion.

"Damn walkers," Carl grunted. His hat slid a little and he fixed it, putting his gun down and taking steps back.

"Walkers?" I asked, breathless. "That's what you call them?"

Carl squinted his eyes and had parted lips, beginning to blink. He panted and offered me a careless shrug.

"That's what we've always called them. Since the beginnin'," Carl mumbled, cleaning off his boot with a rag. I watched him dirty the cloth with the dark substance, and my stomach turned at the term, we.