The Ball

Everything started to get easier after our last conversation, I felt like I could trust every single word they told me. I even discovered the history of why they have to drink blood and I honestly feel bad for the Vampire kind. They can't help what their ancestors did ages ago. I am just glad that Charlie and Amelia don't have the magic that they were previously speaking of. I know it'd be cool to see someone control the elements but I just don't know how I would feel about such a thing. My parents told me that we are meeting someone important for dinner tonight. They didn't look happy whenever they told me though, their faces said that they were annoyed. Charlie and Amelia told me that they would take me to La' Madelina; this is the most expensive dress store in the entire world. They have dresses that the rich girls wear for their proms. They have dresses that actual princesses wear, dresses for cocktail parties and dresses for magical dates. The dresses are all so expensive due to their real jewels sewn into the material. I have never been in that store before, I never had a reason to. But apparently tonight is going to be a ball- no seriously, a real ball. Charlie expects me to wear something that shows my royalty rate. I was surprised they didn't have their own personal tailor, but Amelia told me later that their tailor was recently put to death due to treason, something about witches. So now they try to have the minimal amount of staff. 

"So Charlie, what exactly is happening tonight?" He looked at me and sighed.

"We have to meet with the King and Queen of the Werewolves, his son hasn't met his mate yet and they want us to host a party with all of our people. They claim that they have been to every single pack in the world and he still hasn't met her. Their son went to one of the witches and she told him that his mate is out there, she's just not who he would expect. After the son returned, the Werewolves have been seeking her out for two years now. And now they want to see if she's possibly one of my people. I will say though, if she is, there is going to be one of two things; an immediate war or immediate peace." 

"Oh wow, that could be really bad huh? How would a war start immediately?" I asked. Amelia answered my question.

"Werewolf males are typically more possessive than vampire males. That's why, if the King's son finds her, here in our colony. He might try to kill us all before any treaties and negotiations are made. Charlie and I expect the son to create a peace treaty within the two worlds, but you never know." Her answer made sense.

I found the dress in a few hours. Amelia and Charlie both approved. It was a royal blue ballgown. The top was simple it had flowers made out of sapphire stones and is sleeveless, the waist had a belt made of diamonds and the bottom of the dressed poofed out probably a good five feet due to its crinoline (what poofs out the dress), also the bottom ended in ruffles. Charlie had a proud look in his eyes and Amelia couldn't help but squeal. Charlie decided that he and Amelia should match for the ceremony. Amelia's dress is black, it has a more slender look to it. It has mid length sleeves and a beautiful black waistband. The waistband has black stones all over it, causing the waistband to almost sparkle. Charlie wanted to wear a tuxedo, that just smelled expensive. 

We left the mall and headed towards the nail salon. Amelia and I both got french tip nails and for our toes. After the nail salon we headed out to get some shoes, Amelia got black sparkly shoes to match her dress and I got these beautiful royal blue heels that had the same flower pattern as the top of my dress. The last stop was hair and makeup. My hair was placed in an updo. I have braids going all over the place and Amelia had her hair left down but curled very specifically. A crown made of diamonds was brought out for each of us and they are gorgeous. Amelia's crown was a smaller crown, very classy and "queen" like. My crown was taller and fatter than hers, it's what the princesses in all of the movies wear. I am in love with it. Our make up was done naturally, but also flawlessly. I am not going to lie; I look beautiful, just like my parents.