C12.2 | TALK

•••Y/N•••

After a hectic day in the hospital with patients coming and go, cases severe and not, wounds big and small, we're just thankful it came to and end.

Good thing Eunmi wasn't gave a night shift on her first day like the other have, and so do I, well ever since me and Tzuyu talked in a way, I decided to stop having too much night shifts and my insomnia is slowly fading.

We headed to an Italian restaurant since Italian is one of her favorites. We settled on a two seated table just beside a glass wall where you could see the parking lot and the restaurant's mini garden, we ordered before we decided to talk.

"So... what do you wanna talk about?" I asked and she sighed, she's a rather blunt woman who doesn't like to beat around the bush so I wasn't that shocked when she said it straight.

"It's about Ethan Combs..."

I frowned, I knew this wasn't going to end well.

"Your... fiancé?"

Ethan Combs, her fiancé, for almost two years now, back in college I always wondered why we're not a couple despite doing what couples do, but I didn't ask her about it. Soon just a few weeks after our graduation, I was fed up, I confronted her, and she finally told me the reason, she's engaged.

I was rather mad, especially when she told me not to do something about it, I found out she likes the guy, but the guy doesn't, he's out there having the time of his life partying and having different girls to warm his bed every night while Eunmi? She's their weeping because the guy she likes doesn't like her back.

I was there with her, I let her use me as a human emotional support, gave me hugs that was meant for him, kisses and make out she wants to do with him, and I let her.

But not because I love her.

But not gonna lie sure I could say I like Eunmi but I didn't did that because I like her, no, I did that because she was there for me when I needed her, when I was broken, she made me go to my classes, eat healthy foods, basically she made me live again, she's my north star, she's the one who guides me through the dark.

And no matter what I still love Tzuyu, I just can't unlove her, there's no button or switch to do that, it's like my heart wouldn't let anyone be its queen except her.

"Yes, him." She mumbled.

"What about him?" I asked.

"He finally agreed to the marriage!" She announced while smiling.

I gave her a forced smile, "he did?" She just nod still smiling.

Guess she still likes him, no, maybe she loves him.

"Why?"

She shrugged, "I dunno but hey its good news right?"

"Are you sure? What if that bastard hurts you?"

She smiled before putting her hands on top of mine on the table.

"His mother said that he's been changing these past few days ever since I left, he seldom go to the clubs nor be with girls, even his friends said that, I didn't told you but before I got here we kept on going out, it was his idea."

I scoffed, "If that guy is playin-" she squeezed my hand a signal to stop, I sighed, "if he does hurt you again, tell me immediately, I'll beat him up for you," I smiled at her, "okay?"

She nodded and soon our food arrived and we just ate in silence.

After that we decided to walk around a nearby park.

"Y/n."

I looked at her, "hmm?"

"I just wanna say sorry... sorry for using you in that way... I guess I made you believe we could be something..." she trailed off.

I stopped walking and so did she, "Eunmi... you didn't use me," I shook my head, "I was there for you like how you were there for me, and if you think that you still used me in a way, then I'm telling you now, I let you use me." I explained.

She just hugged me saying thank you and sorry while I just comforted her in a way.

"Lets take you home, okay?" I whispered and she nodded.

It wasn't a long drive to get to her apartment.

She took her seatbelt off, "you sure you don't want me to walk you to your door?" I asked.

"Yeah... and before you leave I gotta tell you something."

"Another one?" I chuckled, "alright, spill it."

"Open your heart again, if not, talk to Tzuyu, I know you still love her, I can see it cristal clear, and I think she do too, just talk with her maybe it'll be okay." She hugged me one last time before stepping out of the car.

I stayed there for a few seconds before finally driving away.

Maybe she's right.