Guilt

Moonbyul POV

It was every other day for me as the CEO of my own company, which was built from my hardwork and dedication. My life finally turned into something i can love.

Job applications flooding the company, i was checking them one by one, since i was really bored i had nothing else to do that time. As her name crossed my eyes, i was shocked that she hadn't found a job yet at this age.. i felt nothing about the thought that i would be superior than her, finally. But, surprisingly i didnt even care.

I checked her CV and background. I didnt want to make her feel like im only taking her into my company as a form of revenge or payback. I just felt bad for her, Considering that she's still job hunting at this age. I wanted to laugh, but it didnt feel right.

So i scheduled an interview for her. Not gonna lie, i kinda wish she didnt remember me. So she could have a decent job with a decent boss. Why do i care about her so much, i dont understand. I try to recall all the things she did to me during highschool and why i hated her from the bottom of my heart. But, i just couldnt hate her as much anymore. Its like i left it all behind me.

Sure the thought still hurts seeing her in my company. But some part of me wanted her here.

I called Minhyuk to email her for a job interview and escort her to my office once she get here. And i would have an interview with her right after my meeting with the directors.

I walked into my office where she was already there waiting for me to enter. As i take a step into her view. Her face expression instantly grew shocked and speechless.

I should be feeling great and for once im higher than she is. But i didnt, instead i felt.. guilty.
I didnt want to come off as intimidating. So i tried my hardest to be polite.

"Long time no see, Kim.... Yongsun" i said smilling, but it turned out to be a smirk. Great moonbyul just great, what a way to not be intimidating. I meantally scolded myself for being stupid.

I noticed her gulp and still looked at me shocked as if i killed someone. I sat there awkwardly, waiting for her to greet or say something to me. But, nothing. Just shocked.

I decided to break the awkward atmosphere.
"Uhm.. Miss Kim?" I said waving my hand infront of her face.

"Why are you here..?" She managed to speak. She looked like she regreted asking or even speaking.

"Uh.. because Im the CEO..? And that this is my company..?" I said in a joking tone. She looked down and started fidgeting her fingers.

Crap. I thought to myself, i think that didnt come off as a joke to her. I bit my lower lip, and try to say something. Oh yea this is an interview.

"Shall we start with the interview? Miss Kim?" I asked in a serious tone. Not planning to waste anymore time.

She nodded and looked down.

It annoyed me, im known to be very strict in this company and i hate it when people dont look at me when im talking to them.

"Miss Kim, I believe its only proper etiquette to look at your interviewer in the eye as she is speaking to you." I said in a serious and annoyed tone.

She hesitated at first, but obeyed and looked up to me staring at my eyes. Her eyes... it seemed different.. the aura and vibe that it always had.. it changed. Its seemed more powerless. As much as i wanted to enjoy this sight, i didnt and i dont know why.

I continue to ask her questions and she answered them. She seemed great for the job. At least now i had a reason for her to stay instead of saying its for payback.