Christmas Plans?

"Oi! Wash this for me." Luke said as he threw a smelly shirt on top of the pile of dirty clothes I was carrying to the laundry room. I rolled my eyes and countinued walking. I loaded the wash and made my way to the kitchen. Because I was short I put a small step stool on top of a chair to reach the ceiling fan in order to change the lightbulbs. While I was on the chair Gina walked in.

"Sweetheart plase be careful, I don't want you to hurt yourself." she said as I took out the first lightbulb.

"Yes mam." I said back.

"You are making me nervous let me get Beau in here to help you," she said then left to get Beau. Though I had been cleaning their house for a couple of months now me and the boys rarely talked. I saw them in school but we only gave each other quick glances before carrying on with whatever we were doing. Next thing I know I'm nearly falling off of the chair because Beau comes up and wraps his arms around the bottom of my legs making me lose my balance for a second.

'What are you doing?" I yelled at him.

"Making sure you don't give my mom a heart attack." he said unwrapping his arms from my legs.

"Right," I said sarcastically," I've got this so if you want to leave..." I trailed off hoping he would get the hint to leave.

"Nah, I think I like this view." he said as he leaned against the countertop.

"Perv." I mumbled to myself.

After I had finished cleaning the whole house I went to see Gina. When I walked outside I saw Beau talking to her and it looked like a serious conversation. 

"I'm sorry to intterupt but, I just wanted to let you know that I'm done. Thank you for the money, I'll see you next week Ms. Brooks." I said then looked at Beau, he looked hurt that I didn't say anything to him. Before I had a chance to say anything to him he started talking.

"Umm, Emily?" he asked me.

"Yeah?"

"Do you umm, have any plans Chritmas?" he asked me nervously.

"Almost as if on cue Luke walked out.

"Of course she has plans for Christmas Beau." Luke said hitting Beau on the head. Instead of fighting back like her normally would Beau was waiting for an answer.

"Actually no, I don't have any plans for Christmas." I said.

Beaus face lit up,"really?" he asked like a child who just got offered free ice cream.

I nooded my head and looked at the ground I didn't want to explain the reason why I had no Christmas plans.

"Well let's exchange numbers and I'll text you." he said realizing I did want to talk about it. We exchanged numbers and I left the Brooks' household.