The McClain's (Eight)

Lance did as Shiro said and told his parents of the situation. He also told his sister Veronica, mostly because the house is small and she overheard the conversation. They were all very understanding of Keith's situation, but Lance told them to act like he's just another one of his friends.

Lance just warned Keith about how welcoming and friendly his family was, and that they would probably most definitely hug him.

Keith seemed understanding. In his head, he knew that Lance's family couldn't be bad. Shiro had met them, and Keith trusted him with everything he had. But, Keith couldn't trust himself. It was just a nervous reaction he had when it came to adults. His eyes just immediately went to picturing their hands around his neck or worse. He played around with popping a couple anxiety pills, but they usually made him drowsy and didn't feel like passing out after meeting Lance's family.

"Keith...? Mullet? Emo?"

Keith snapped out of his thoughts and looked at him. "Huh? Uh, sorry I wasn't listening--wait did you just call me emo? Told you to quit it with the nicknames." Keith said, smirking.

"Welp, it got your attention," Lance said. Lance looked down at Keith's hand that was swinging next to his as they walked to his house. He blushed. "Um, Keith, I was kinda wanting to know if you, uh...had any crushes...?"

"Crush? Where'd that come from?" Keith asked, confused.

Lance looked away, his face becoming extremely flushed. He had flirted with girls as natural as breathing, but talking to someone he actually liked put a lot of stress on his heart. He felt like his head was spinning.

"W-w-well, I was just curious. Now confess." Lance said, trying to calm down his heart.

Keith looked up, trying to think. "Um...I'm not sure. I can't say I've ever liked anyone in that way. I love Shiro and...all of you, but if you're talking sexual attraction, no. I don't have a crush. But, I don't think I need one. Not as long as I have you and Shiro and everyone in Voltron." Keith explained.

Keith didn't understand the power of his words. This was found out when he looked to Lance and saw him standing there with a blush on his cheeks just staring at Keith like he just said something better than he wanted. Lance did want Keith to say him, but something about what Keith said warmed his heart. It made him love him even more. So much it hurt.

The two arrived at the house. Lance gave Keith a reassuring look before opening the door. The first thing Keith hears is a woman speaking in a harsh Spanish tone. Lance sighed. They walked inside, Keith trailing close behind Lance. They walked into the kitchen close to the entrance and saw a woman lecturing two children.

"AHEM!" Lance coughed. The woman looked up and seemed a bit embarrassed.

She said, in Spanish so Keith couldn't understand, "Geez, I thought you'd call first!"

Lance shrugged. "Ah, this must be Keith!" She exclaimed in English. Keith just shyly nodded.

The woman, Lance's mamá, smiled wide and went in to give Keith a hug. Keith resisted the urge to step back, and let her hug him. It was light and didn't hurt. Luckily a lot of his bruises had finally healed, but the cut on his arm still hurt occasionally. Keith hugged back. The hug felt warm. He only slightly trembled.

She let go of him and looked him in the eye. Like a mother to a son. She put her hand on Keith's cheek and smiled. "You're all skin and bones. I'll fix that." She said.

Keith nodded. "U-Um, yeah, thank you for having me..." Keith said almost in a whisper.

Lance smiled at him. He was happy that Keith seemed to be doing okay when it came to his mom. He was glad.