Chapter 13

Recap:

"Is everyone here?" Taeyong asks. We all nod.

"Let's go!!" Taeil says. We all start walking, little did I know, we were walking right towards danger.

Lisa's POV:

We all head off in one big group. Jaehyun sticks to me like glue. We are exploring and filming, and nothing interesting has happened yet. 

"I need to go to the bathroom" Lucas says like a child. 

"OK, anyone else?" the manager asks. Taeyong puts his hand up.

"Actually, I also need to go" Jaehyun says. I nod.

"Go, I'll be right here when you get back," I say reassuringly

"Don't worry, Jaehyun. I'll look after her" Doyoung says, helping me out. I look at him gratefully. We decide to keep exploring.

"Noona!! Come look at this mysterious room!" Haechan calls me. I follow him to one of the back rooms. It's huge.

"Careful, Noona" Mark says, helping me into the room. We find the light. The room is full of old things from the hotel. We start to look through them. BANG!! We all jump from shock when we hear the door slam. We hear Doyoung and Jungwoo calling us.

"Hyungs! Help! The door's stuck!" Mark yells. I run up to the door and try to push and pull it.

"It must have an automatic lock" Haechan says. All of us jump again when the light turns off. I start to get scared.

"Mark, find the light!" Haechan says urgently. We hear a clicking. It's Mark trying to turn the light on.

"The light's not turning on!!" he says. I get scared and start to breathe shakily. I bump into one of them as we feel our way in the dark. They automatically hug me.

"Haechannie?" I ask. 

"Noona!!!" I hug him. We find Mark and we all huddle up together. We hear crying from the other side of the room. We all listen carefully. The lights are off, so we can't see anything.

"Who's crying outside?" Mark asks softly. We listen closely.

"That doesn't sound like one of the boys" I whisper. We become quiet when Haechan speaks.

"Noona, Mark. That crying sound. It's coming from inside this room" he says quietly. We listen.

"Guests have reported hearing a crying woman on this floor" Mark says quietly. I start crying as well. I am terrified.

"Noona, it's OK" Mark says, rubbing my back. Haechan starts to cry.

"Noona! We're in here with a ghost!" that makes us both cry even louder. We hear banging on the door.

"Can you hear us?" Johnny asks.

"Johnny Hyung!! Help us!" Mark yells back

"The lights aren't working!" I cry 

"Lali!! The others are back. Jaehyun is about to go crazy!" Doyoung yells to us. I forgot about how nervous he was. He must be feeling horrible.

"Jaehyun!!" I yell, hoping that he can hear me.

"BABYGIRL?! Babygirl, I shouldn't have left you. Fucking hell. Stay there, Baby. Ok?! I'll get you guys out" he says

"OK, Jaehyun Hyung" Haechan yells back. We hear crying from beside us again, and Haechan and I scream accidentally out of pure terror.

"BABYGIRL?!?! WHAT HAPPENED?!? ARE YOU OK!?" Jaehyun yells through the door. I don't respond. I am covering my ears now, terrified.

"Lisa Noona, breathe. You have to breathe, it's OK" Mark says. I can tell he is scared as well. Haechan is fidgeting nervously beside me. 

"What happened, Mark?! Is she OK!?" Jaehyun keeps talking loudly.

"We keep hearing crying, Hyungs. It must be the ghost on this floor" Mark says loudly. We hear the staff outside and hear the door lock click. The lights come back on and we look around, there is no one with us. Me and Haechan start crying again. The lock clicks again and the door swings open. Johnny runs to Mark and Haechan, helping them up. Jaehyun runs to me, picking me up and holding me.

"Jaehyun, there was someone in there with us!" I sob into his chest. I look up when he doesn't answer. He's crying. I know why, though. He was extremely worried about me.

"Alright, let's call it a night" Taeyong announces and we all head back to our rooms. Doyoung comes up to me.

"I'll hang out in Jaehyun's room until bedtime. You calm him down" he says, I nod, grateful. I pull Jaehyun into the empty room and he immediately attacks me with a hug. I step back slightly from the force, he still holds me.

"Jaehyun-ah. It's OK, I'm fine. I didn't get hurt" I say. What happens next breaks my heart. He starts crying in my arms. Like, full-on sobbing. 

"Sorry, Babygirl. I'm so fucking sorry. You were in danger again, because of me" he sobs. I hug him tightly, by this point I am also crying.

"It's OK, Jaehyun. I'm fine. Please don't cry" I beg him with a lump in my throat. He looks down at me and immediately panics when he sees me crying. 

"No, no, no, no, no, Babygirl. Why are you crying?" he asks, alarmed at my sudden tears. I bury my face in his chest.

"When we were locked in that room, it was terrifying" I sob. Jaehyun tears up as I break down. He holds me tightly.

"But, what's more terrifying is seeing you cry. For something that wasn't your fault. I made a choice to look in that room, it's my fault I got locked in there, and it hurts me to see you cry and blame yourself because it's not your fault." I say to him, sobbing at the same time. He breaks down as I say this, grasping onto me like I'm his only hope.

"I'm just so afraid" he sobs. I hold him as he trembles.

"Of what?" I ask him gently.

"I'm so fucking scared of losing you, Lisa. I love you" he says, and kisses me deeply. I am still crying.

"I love you too. I promise you, you won't lose me. You have not once put me in danger, so don't you dare think that this was your fault" I tell him. He buries his head in my shoulder. I stroke his head.

We slowly lie down and I keep caressing his head. I realize after a while that he's not moving.

"Jaehyun-ah?" I whisper. He doesn't answer. He's asleep. I look at his sleeping, tear-stained face. He's so strong for me, always making sure I'm OK. I didn't realize how afraid he was. I sigh and slowly detach myself from him. I cover him with the blanket and leave the room. I go straight to the manager's room.

"Manager-nim?" I ask as I knock. He immediately comes to the door. 

"Hi Lisa, we've actually just confirmed there are no hidden cameras in your room. You can swap roommates if you like. Are you OK? You must have had quite a shock" he says at the door.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you so much, manager-nim!" I say as he closes the door. I head to the room Doyoung is in. He's already standing outside.

"Manager-nim just texted us. You go to Jaehyun, I'll stay in his room" he says. I hug him gratefully.

"Thank you so much, Oppa," I say softly. He nods.

"Goodnight, Lili"

"Goodnight, Oppa" I say as I walk away. I open the door to the hotel room I am staying in. I close the door gently and head to the bedroom. I open the bedroom door silently, only to see Jaehyun sitting up in a shock. I run over to the bed and he grabs me.

"Babygirl, don't ever leave me again" he says, hugging me as I climb into the bed. I stroke his head.

"Shhhhh, Jaehyun. It's OK. I'm right here, go back to sleep" I say, as I start to fall asleep.

"I love you Babygirl," he says softly

"I love you too, Oppa" I respond before drifting off into a well-deserved sleep.