Silent Secrets

A/N:  Hello! I am back with another fic! Hope you guys enjoy it! 

A special thanks to my patient beta readers chlochlobear and gopractice who I know didn't have an easy time with it! 

Now, onto the fic!

*****

The library was eerily quiet for a Wednesday evening, the only sound audible was the flipping of pages and the rain droplets hitting the windows echoing through the room. A perfect contrast to the outside setting where rain poured mercilessly, thunder and lightning roaring through the empty streets.

There were two men, perched on the opposite sides of the table, noses buried deep into the books, gazes locked onto the pages. Neither uttering a single word, lost in their own little world.

But Eddy was slightly distracted: not because of the new face he was seeing in the library or those beautiful lashes resting on those rosy cheeks-- it was the book that the other was reading.

In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote

Eddy had been meaning to read that novel for what seemed like an eternity now. He wanted a good review about it before he picked it up. But all the people that Eddy knew who picked up the novel either gave up midway or gave what to him was a majorly unsatisfying review.

So here he was, eyeing a total stranger like a hawk and bringing his gaze back to his book every time the latter showed signs of movement.

You can't blame him, he was an introvert after all. Talking to strangers was his worst nightmare. Heck, he couldn't openly talk to his closest friends; and that's why he turned to books as often as he could; because he knew books won't turn on him, won't judge him.

But damn, was Eddy anxious to get a review. The glasses guy seemed to have read almost the whole novel, just a little over 50 pages left maybe. This was a first in a very long time he had seen someone get that far with that novel.

He finally gathered the nerve to speak up, "Excuse me" he croaked out.

The glasses guy looked up and then left and right, as if making sure that Eddy was speaking to him.

He then turned to me, "Are you talking to me?" he questioned, confused.

Eddy nodded, trying really hard to show what kind of a nervous wreck he was. Needless to say, he was failing miserably.

"I am sorry for disturbing you, but, I would like to know your views on the novel you are reading right now." he replied.

The glasses guy pointed at the book, "This?"

Eddy nodded.

"Oh. It's a nice book. But if you're reading it for the sake of getting to know about the the murder of the four members of the Herbert Clutter family, then I would advise you to stay away." he chuckled. "All the 8000 pages of research that Capote had done for this novel does not last more than 30 pages. This is a different story, the only relation between the two is that Capote took inspiration from the event. Nothing else matches." the guy added, locking eyes with Eddy.

Eddy nodded. It was a brutally honest review for him. The guy was not beating around the bush at all. All his previous reviewers had said that the book was good, but requires patience. From what he just heard, every other review he had gotten prior to this would be going out of the window.