dandelion wishes

as i sat on my wooden balcony reading a novel, two children walking by caught my eye. the little girl dropped her brother's hand to pluck a dandelion from the grassy turf and from where i was situated, i could see the glistening tear that dribbled down from his eye. she looked back at the young boy and noticed, clearly knowing what he wanted as she rushed to grab another small creeper. a grin spread across his face as he accepted the plant, that wasn't really a plant to them.

to those two innocent children, what some call a pest or a weed
is a wish,
a hope,
a dream.

that little boy wanted something to wish upon, and so he blew away the seeds from their stalk. i could see them floating through the air, flying on an invisible wind.

a small smile spread across my lips as the truly wondrous sight made me think. that little boy wanted nothing more than a wish like his sister.
a chance to make a dream come true. to the little plant that they stole life from,
they were the ones to spread its seeds and create new life.

maybe only one of those seeds will make it, and maybe all of them will.
but don't you see?

from a simple wish that those children may not even remember tomorrow,
they gave something else a chance at life.

dreams and wishes are what create and destroy us. they destroyed the plant itself, but they created a chance for new seedlings to sprout.

we hope that maybe our wishes will come true without magic or a bibbity-bobbity-boo, but that's just not how it works.

you need to fight for your dreams to come true, like those little dandelion seeds will fight for life itself. through battling winds and rains and the cruel heat of the sun, they will fight to survive and bloom only to create more seeds. another wish that will float away on the unseen breeze.