in a lonely place

3rd person view

What makes a place feel like home? Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealized, make-believe version of the American Dream? Is it love and acceptance? Or is it simple safety? Or it's none of those things. And it's a place where the captain of the football team is murdered. Or maybe it's just a forgotten closet under a well-trod staircase, where it's just you and the mice and the spiders, like an extra in a Wes Craven movie.

Evan and Jughead got ready for school both got spooked when Archie see them in the locker room

"Oh!"

"Whoa"

"What are you two doing here?"

"Taking advantage of the school's state-of-the-art facilities."

"No, really, Jughead, Evan What are you two doing in here?" As the two show him were the two were staying at

"How long?"

"Well, since they shut down the drive-in. That's where we were living before."

"Why the hell are you two not living at home?"

"The truth is, things aren't good at home."

"With your dad?"

"He kind of fell off the wagon After your dad fired him, to tell you the truth Hasn't had a job since He keeps promising that he's gonna get his act together, but my mom couldn't take that rollercoaster anymore, so she grabbed Jellybean and went to live with our grandparents."

"Come on."

"God, Jug, Ev why didn't you two tell me? And where does your dad think you two are?"

"He thinks we're couch-surfing."

"Well, screw that. Live with me."

"This is temporary, man we're going to figure something out. Just don't tell anybody. Especially not Betty"

"Nor Heaven" said Evan

"Betty?" Archie scoffed

"She's not gonna care. If anyone's gonna be a snob about it, maybe Veronica. And yeah Heaven" he told the two

"Right, well, exactly. Don't tell them, either." Jug said as the two leave

Heaven