3| Interrogation

Votes and comments are appreciated :)

-

Taehyung's POV

"Your Highness, everything is ready. Shall we proceed?" The truth calligrapher questioned. I nodded as I stared at the figure kneeling in front of me. He had been stripped of his shirt, words calligraphed on his hand, arms, shoulders and his chest. The ink was special. If a person lies, it gives an electric shock and since the calligraphy is also over the chest, it automatically causes terrible pain as the heart is electrified as well.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"J-Jeon Jeongguk, your Highness" The guy stuttered.

"How old are you?"

"21, your Highness" He kept his head low as he answered my questions.

"Where were you born?"

"I-in the poor society of the S-Sun kingdom" He said shakily.

"I see, what business you had with Sun's king?"

"My brother was his spy. While on a mission, he died. I-i don't know the real reason. The King didn't tell anyone. He only ordered me to become his spy. So I trained. But earlier today when I was training, I accidentally cut my hand. When everyone saw my red blood, I was captured by Sun's guards. The King ordered that I be executed despite my beggings. But then I escaped. My initial plan was to hide in Moon kingdom since they would not have dared step foot here to look for me but I did not succeed.... Your Highness."

"Why is your blood red?"

"Your Highness, I swear I don't know" He said in a defeated voice. There was no electrifying shock.

"And you have absolutely no wrong intentions?"

"No, your Highness." Everything he had said was true, every single thing. But how is it possible that he himself didn't know why he had red blood.

"Did your brother have red blood too?"

"I don't know your Highness. But... Surely he did"

"What about your mother?"

"I..... Don't know. I was raised by a woman who took my real mother's place because there was no one else to do so. I asked many times what happened to her but she always said that when the time is right, I will know. But I never got to know" He said in a sad and scared voice.

So far what he had told has been true. He didn't have wrong intentions but he still had red blood and he was a citizen of the Sun kingdom. Should I really spare his life or not?

"Jeongguk" I have decided.

"Y-Yes, your Highness?"

"Raise your head" I ordered. He froze and didn't look up. "I said, raise your head" I said sternly to which he raised his head and looked at me with his doe eyes. His lips were slightly parted as he had a scared expression. "I shall spare you only if you agree to be my assasin. " Jeongguk stared at me with big, wide eyes. His mouth opened and closed as he tried to say something.

"A-assasin?" He managed to stutter out.

"Yes, an assasin."

"B-but, your Highness, I don't want to kill people. I can't kill people." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Do you want to live or not? I will you give you one day to decide, if you still reject, you shall be executed." I said as I turned around with my final words. I signalled the calligrapher to clean up the ink and left. I released a deep sigh. I was mentally exhausted and physically tired. It was way past midnight. I should sleep.