Chapter Two: Boom. Butterfly Effect

Y/N's POV

After Hannah and Beth went missing, I didn't forgive the ones involved in the prank for a while, even Mike, who I had just told I forgave when I woke up that night. With Hannah and Beth missing, everything was different. Still, after a while, I was able to forgive them all and rekindle what was lost. So was Josh. 

I was proud of him for letting things go, but I felt like his idea to do the annual Blackwood winter getaway again this year with everyone was going a bit too far. 

But here I am, helping Josh film his welcome video for the others to watch before they leave or even on their way up. 

We have to be fast so that we can travel up there too, but Josh still wanted to set the atmosphere, making me film him in a dark room of the house that would resemble the lodge to give the others a taste of what they're in for.

"Relaxxx, Y/N!" Josh tells me as we finish setting up to film the video. "We have plenty of time before the others start traveling up. And I won't send the video out until right before we leave, okay?"

I roll my eyes with a smile. "Alright."

"You ready to be my camerawoman?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm ready."

Josh laughs. "Glad you're so enthusiastic about it."

I can't help but laugh. I love my cousin. And now that Hannah and Beth are gone, it's just us. 

Us against the world.

I watch as Josh gets in position, giving me a thumbs up.

I nod and start filming. 

"Well hello friends and fans," Josh begins.

I burst out laughing.

"Y/N!" Josh sighs. "Alright, let's do that again." He clears his throat. "Alright. Well hello, friends and fans! It's beyond awesome to have you guys all back this year. First off, I gotta say I am super excited to welcome all my pals back to the annual Blackwood winter getaway!" Josh makes a squealing noise and throws his hands in the air. "So, um... Let me just let you know, let's take a moment to address the 'elephant in the room' for a second..."

Oh no. Here is comes.

Don't cry. 

Do.

Not.

Cry.

"I know you're all probably worried about me and are worried about Y/N... And I know it's gonna be tough on all of us going back after what happened last year... but... I just want you all to know... it means... it means so much to me that we're doing this. And I... I know it would mean so much to Hannah and Beth that we're all still here together... thinking of them. I really want to spend some quality time with each and every one of you and share some moments that we'll never forget, for the sake of my sisters, you know. Okay... so! Let's party like we're fucking porn stars, okay? And make this one a trip we will never forget, alright? Yes!" Josh throws his hands in the air again.

"Did I do well?" I ask.

Josh laughs. "Yes, you did very well."    

Then I turn the camera off, giggling.

"You got that in the video, didn't you."

"Maybe..."

Josh comes over to me, surveying my face. "You did."

I burst out laughing. "You know me too well."

We finish getting ready and after Josh has sent the video out, we get in his car.