Pt. 6 Dinner

Dinner was Shepherd's pie with some yeast rolls, asparagus, and trifles for dessert. You and the family of 4 sat at the dining room table, enjoying your meals. The adults chatted with each other about work, the daily paper, the weather, and the bills, leaving the 3 teens to their own.

"So, Arum, how was the hot spring?", Orchird asked suspiciously.

"Oh..It was brilliant", he responded looking down at his plate, forking a bit more of the pie in his mouth.

"What about you, Y/n?", she said squinting her eyes at you.

"Yeah...I had alot of fun", you said giving her a partially genuine smile.

"Did anything......happen, Arum?", she quizzed.

"No!", Arum replied, massaging his temples and slightly raising his voice.

"Nothing really, but we did meet a new friend", you said trying to shift Orchid's pressure off of Arum.

"Tell me more", she said clearly fascinated, allowing her curiosity take hold, taking the bait.

Arum mouthed a thank you, and you returned a nod.

"Yeah, his name was Mace and he was pretty nice", you said.

"Ooohh, you'll have to introduce me to him, sometime", she said smirking and nudging you.
That made you snort.

"Shut up", you replied, laughter in your voice.

That was the first time you had laughed all day. That meant more to you than this family could know. No, this was the first time you had felt any sort of genuine happiness since your best friend had moved away. You smiled and finished eating your meal.

It was 9:56 pm and you and Orchird  had retreated to her room, where she had given you some of her clean pajamas to sleep in. They weren't really matching, it was just an oversized t-shirt and some Nike shorts. You tried to tell her you would sleep in your partly dried under peices, but she wouldn't let you. She threatened to physically strip you of you wouldn't change them. Now you were sitting on Orchird on her bed, scrolling through your phone. Yes, you were sitting on her, how else would you get her back for trying to physically strip you?

"Y/nnnn, my stomach hurtsssss", she yelped.

"No, this is what you fucking get", you said sternly, continuing to scroll.

"Your heeeaavyyy thoo", she cried.
(She's not crying)

"Are you saying I'm fat?", you asked covering your smirk with your hand, pretending to be offended.

"If that's what it takes to get you off, then yes", she said trying to squirm from underneath you.

It had been about 10 minutes, so you decided to be generous and get off her.

"FINALLY I CAN BREATHE", She yelled taking a dramatic gulp of air.

"Hey, it's only 10:09, you wanna watch a movie or something on the telly?", she said, recovering from her punishment.

"I could go for something spooky", you said, stretching out on her bed.

"Okay, Rings or The Blair Witch Project?", Orchird asked, going through her shelf of DVDs.

"Rings, the 2017 version?".

"Got it. Could you ask Arum if he wants to join us?".

"Er..uh yeah..suuure", you responded, getting up to do the deed.

"Hey....Arum...are you up?", you asked, gently wrapping on the door.

You heard a series of movement and groans from the other side of the door.