~𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞~

~

"HUMAN PRINCESS! HUMAN PRINCESS, ARE YOU ALRIGHT IN THERE? YOU'VE BEEN AWFULLY QUIET!"

(Y/N)'s eyes snapped open, her back shooting off the back of the tub. Soapy bathwater sloshed around with the sudden movement, her hands rising above the water and rubbing at her heavy eyes.

She blinked, looking around the bathroom rapidly and cautiously.

"I'm up! I'm up! I'm-"

The girl's sudden state of panic was interrupted by a loud, exhausted sigh coming from the other side of the door.

"YOUR HIGHNESS, THIS IS NO TIME TO BE SLEEPING AROUND! WE ONLY HAVE SO MUCH TIME TO GET YOU READY FOR THE BALL TONIGHT," scolded Blue. He was the captain of the royal guard that had been put in charge of watching over (Y/N) ever since the incident.

It was her turn to sigh, her eyes rolling back into her head ever so slightly, as she was only a little annoyed with her guard.

"Yes, Blue, I know. I just dozed off a bi-"

"NOT TO MENTION, IT IS HIGHLY DANGEROUS FOR A HUMAN TO FALL ASLEEP IN A BATHTUB FILLED WITH WATER! YOU COULD HAVE DROWNED HAD I NOT AWAKENED YOU!"

"Yes, Blue." (Y/N) propped her elbow up onto her leg, her head lightly resting in her hand.

"DON'T YOU KNOW THE SHOCK AND HORROR THE KINGDOM WOULD BE IN IF YOU WERE DISCOVERED DEAD?"

"Yes, Blue." She yawned, her eyelids falling ever so slowly as the feeling of drowsiness overcame her once more.

"VERY WELL. I SHALL LET YOU CARRY ON WITH YOUR BATHING NOW. BUT, PLEASE, BE MINDFUL OF THE TIME!"

"Yes, Blue." She rubbed her eyes once more. Of course, she was still tired. Blue was still right, however.

She let out one last, exasperated sigh as she leaned forward and pulled the plug on the drain. Bubbly water flowed down the drain in a hypnotizing whirlpool, leaving a sleepy (Y/N) in a trance.

Spacing out, her mind wandered back to the night before. The poor girl had only slept for a good two hours before Sci snuck into her room and calmly shook her awake to start the day.

After the long day she had faced, she found herself lying awake in bed, her mind only able to focus on the occurrence from that morning. Harsh yelling and aggressive words echoed throughout her head, berating her and growing louder the longer she dwelled on the thought.

The moment was so ingrained in her mind, yet it still felt like a blur. In all honesty, she was having trouble even recalling what the man looked like. He was a skeleton, yes....his bones were....what color? Black - no, they were blue. No, she was sure they were black....

(Y/N) shook her head, grabbing her temples as she tried to steady the dizziness she was feeling. She shivered, looking down to find herself in a now-empty bathtub.

Grabbing the fluffy, yellow towel sitting on the small table by the tub, she stepped onto the freezing tile floor of her bathroom. Her teeth chattered as she wrapped the towel around her arms and body like a blanket, hugging it to her form to keep warm.

She looked up into the white, standing mirror on the other side of the bathroom. Her hair was tied up, still dry as she had washed her hair the day before, and was not in need of another one. Water drops like small, round crystals dotted her body, stuck to her skin.

(Y/N) lowered the towel off of her arms, wrapping the fabric around her body like a short, not-so-stylish dress. A gown was hung on a clothing rack next to the mirror.