~𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞~

~

"Y'know, Dream, we're moving into the castle today. Do you really think it's necessary to keep unpacking?"

Ink panted, wiping beads of sweat off of his skull with his sleeve. They had been at this for a week now, and the brothers had just discovered they weren't going to be living in their newly-bought cottage for some time now. 

Yet, Dream insisted they unpack all of their things before making the big move. 

"Of course! We won't be staying forever, brother. It is most important that we finish now, that way we won't have to worry about it when we get back!"

"If what Sci says is true, we'll have to repack everything to move into a mansion with all of the money we'll have."

Dream snickered, pulling a set of porcelain plates out from a thick, bubble wrap cover. 

"What do you reckon we'd do with all that extra space?" he asked.

Ink put an arm around his brother's shoulders. "Live like nobles! Just picture it - parties every weekend, having more gold than we know what to do with, rubbing elbows with the elite-"

"Ink, look me in the sockets and tell me you'd actually enjoy living like that."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Because you're the free spirit type! If we had to live a life conforming to the standards of the top one percent, you'd be a goner."

Ink stuck his tongue out. "Yeah, yeah. That's fair."

He turned back around to work on unpacking his box, which contained some of their kitchen decorations, like a couple of antique salt and pepper shakers that had belonged to their grandmother. 

Dream looked at his brother with a sly smirk as he pulled out the last of the porcelain dishes.

"Speaking of which, I never expected you to go for the....well, the princess type."

Ink kept unpacking his box, the words of his brother taking some time to process in his mind. As the cogs slowly started turning, he looked up at Dream, finding him staring back at him with a cheshire grin.

"I already told you, Dream. It's not like that!"

"Oh, is that so?" Dream cleared his throat, folding his hands together delicately by his head. He stood on his tiptoes, fluttering his eye sockets as if he were batting his eyelashes. His pupils widened, his eyes forming into a doe-like shape. 

"'Don't worry, Sci! I'll carry her to bed~!'" he mocked, his voice high-pitched and light like whipped cream. "'Oh, please, Dream! We have to protect her! Her life is at stake~!'"

Ink glared at his twin, unshaken by his comments. "I get that you're mocking me and all, but that last one sounded a little heartless. Her life is in our hands-"

"I understand the severity of the situation plenty! But geez, you really should've seen yourself last night in the study," he put the back of his hand to his head and fell back, pretending to swoon, "staring at her with that longing look in your eye~"

"I was tired."

"I bet you were. Now, let's get the last of these boxes unpacked! Only a few more before we can make our way down to the palace!" Dream giggled, using a small knife to cut open the next box. 

Ink only nodded in response, an unreadable expression on his face. Dream's smile faltered, his browbones furrowing into a frown. He put a gloved hand behind his neck vertebrae, rubbing it.