There is no looking back

Betty's POV

I was now dead , to all the people I had known , I was gone. They all believed that I had been brutally murdered by my abusive ex boyfriend. I must say I was impressed by the skills that Teer and Zone possessed, I could tell that together we would accomplish our mission.

That afternoon , I was attending my own funeral, as much as that sounds crazy . I was there listening in on the church sermon. My arrogant aunt had even had the guts to go up front and say " Betilia was a stubborn child , she went through a lot as she was growing up but if only she had listened to me. I told her not to drop out , I did my best to give her a life and insure that her future would be bright but she was ungrateful and just left , now look where she ended up , in that coffin going six feet under , what a loss ".

I nearly burst out laughing , I mean that woman was trying to make herself look good when she was a scum herself , she slept with multiple rich men to get money. Its not like I wasn't grateful , my aunt Palma had done a lot for me ever since my father was taken away to Brazil but what pissed me off is the way she boasted about it. On top of all that the money she spent on me was cheap , filthy money she got from selling her body to evil men who cared mostly for their own needs.

" Your aunt is quite full of herself " , Zone interrupted my thoughts.

I just chuckled and said " For the very first time you actually said something senseful"

He was pissed I could see , I kept on pushing the wrong buttons not because I wanted to be a pain in the ass but because I wanted to get some truth out of him. If all the GHOUST BEINGS had a story behind then I wanted to know why a guy like Zone if that was even his real name , was out here seeking a drug lord when he could possibly be out there earning a living. He could possibly get his figure looped around an older lady with money , it would be easy , he was quite the JAMES BOND with his muscular body , tanned skin and blond hair.

I don't why but whenever I was around him my heart would start racing and my breath could be hitched sometimes. I would find myself checking him out. Zone was quite obvious to the fact that he had good looks , he wore t-shirts that made his muscles pop out and jeans that made him look lean. His hair would be pulled back by gel or just in its ruffled curly state. He looked good enough to eat , I could see the way Teer always looked at him , full of hunger. I would get angry but I didn't know why , its not like I owned him he wasn't mine and probably wouldn't be. I was just an eighteen year old to him , yet he was a skilled young man probably in his twenties.

" HELLOOOO LEXI ? , Zone brought me out of my thoughts

" Huh ? , sorry I was in my own little world " I quickly replied .

At that moment I saw his crystal blue eyes reflect an emotion I had never seen but it was gone the moment it appeared " Look Lexi , if you are gonna a good ghoust , you need to pay attention at all times , danger lurks everywhere . Its time to go , Teer is already waiting for us in the car "

I looked back for a while. Was this what I really wanted , to fake my own death , join strangers and kill an evil man. I did admit that Durpate was wicked but did I really want to be the one to pull the trigger on him ? . What if he had a family ? , of course they would be living on his evil dirty money but what if I killed him ? , who would look after them ? . All these questions floated in my head. I would never forgive myself if I ruined a little child's life , just like how my own life was ruined .

That night I was taken to base. By base I mean where the GHOUST BEINGS stauyed. It was a very cool place with high tech , computers and all but it was empty . I expected it to be full of the others but it was just the three of us.

" where is everybody else ? , I just couldn't stop myself from asking . I mean I was now one of them , I at least deserved to know.

" The others are in Vegas , keeping an eye on our target , studying him and learning the enemies weak points . You are here for training and a new look ,Lucky for you Camil is still around " , Zone answered me.

" Who is Camil ? " I questioned back.

" HUH , very curious aren't you ? , well Camil is our makeup artist , she disguises us every time we go on a mission " , Zone wasn't hesitant anymore , I guess he trusted me now.

After that I met Camil , she was most probably in her late thirties. She had blond hair , her eyes were like green emeralds and her clothes gave a great first impression.

" AHA , Lexi , welcome , I've been expecting you , let's get started shall we ? , I liked her she was straight to the point and friendly.

Camil dyed my hair to a chestnut colour , gave me two ear piercing , trimmed five inches of my long hair and helped me pick out outfits.

" So are you part of them? , I really hated my big mouth but I couldn't stop asking questions

" Part of who ? , she answered back with a mischievous grin on her face

" Part of us , I mean , part of the ghoust " , I suddenly grew nervous , maybe it wasn't such a great idea to be asking all these stupid questions.

" Nah , I only do the makeup and disguises , I can't be a part of you guys , I have a daughter and I don't plan on risking my life or hers , I am all she has at the moment " , she answered back.

I was going to keep asking questions but my instincts told me that I was crossing the limit. I needed to respect her personal space. So I just backed down.

" There you go , welcome to the world Lexi "

Sup guys . I am so happy the story is coming together perfectly as I planned. Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you are lost . I would appreciate your comments , tell me how you feel about my story. Contribute ideas to spice up the story , I would really appreciate that.

I love you all , stay safe

XOXO