Falling too hard

Betty's POV

2 Years ago and

After my new upgrade I went downstairs only to find Zone and Teer working on something. I didn't want to be a bother so I just decided to go prepare dinner in the kitchen. When I got there , the place was a mess , you would think pigs infested the area. Most probably it looked this way because three men and two women occupied the space and I doubt that the men cared much for cleaning and I guess Teer and the other woman didn't have enough time to balance our work and cleaning the area.

I had nothing to do so I put cold water in a bucket and started on the table tops , the cabinets and pantry shelves. Later I cleared the refridgerator of most of the stale food in there. I washed the dishes and put the groceries in order . I finally started on the food , I chose to prepare my favourite. Mac and cheese with grilled chicken was my favourite.

Just as I was stirring the chicken , I heard someone shuffle behind me. I didn't look back , obviously it was Zone or Teer because Camil had left. Someone leaned in over my shoulder and I immediately smelled Zone's masculine cologne. My heart did weird belly flops and my cheeks tainted red. I closed the pot and turned around. Zone didn't move back though like I expected.

" Smells so nice in here " , he finally said.

" Really ? , my blush was increasing by the minute. Zone was really good at his games , whatever they were.

" Yeah " he said as he moved closer to me . I was now leaning against the table top with my lower back pressed against it. Zone put his mouth near my neck and started breathing on that spot. My heart was running a marathon in my chest and my breath was becoming hitched by the moment. I was trying to move out his way but he grabbed my hips and held me in place.

I knew there was no way of escaping. I averted my gaze to the floor but he lifted my chin up and I met his gaze. His crystal clear eyes put me under a spell. I dropped my eyes to his pink lips. They looked so soft and I wondered how they would feel against my plump lips. Before I registered what was happening Zone lifted me up and placed me on the table top. I put my hands on his shoulders.

He placed his forehead on mine and right when I thought he was gonna kiss me , he kissed my cheek and said " You are so beautiful , but I can't rush you into something you don't want "

I had heard enough , I slid off the table top and tried to push Zone away to indicate my obvious discomfort , but to my surprise the guy kept his ground . Now I was pissed ,all those magical thoughts I was having earlier disappeared and I was so angered.

I pushed again and said " Zone get away from me , I don't know about you but I like to have something they call personal space , ever heard of it ?

Zone smirked at me and there was clear mockery in the tone of his voice " oh yeah ? , I didn't hear you complaining about that five minutes ago darling "

I slammed my hand into his chest " So is that what you do ,go around pinning girls up against table tops , call them darling and expect them to drop their panties for you ? , well I'm sorry I don't operate like that "

He grabbed a soda from the refridgerator and popped it open. He made his way to the door as if he hadn't heard me. When I thought he was going to walk out and leave me hanging , he said " No, I don't go around making girls drop their panties for me , its definitely not what I want you to do , yet and you're the first girl I have called darling" and with that he was gone.

" Such an ass " , I said but unfortunately for me , he heard it and shouted from the living room to notify me.

" HEY!! , I heard that you know " , that just made me blush even more.

I was about to tell him that I intended for him to hear that remark but my heart was beating. Zone had told me that I was the first girl he had called darling in his entire life . My heart warmed up and I felt so fuzzy. I stood rooted in my spot thinking about that. If there is anything I had learnt about Zone is he wasn't a liar , such an egoistical ass but definitely not a lier.

Later at dinner the table was quite . Teer kept shoving food in her mouth , Zone was continuously kicking my foot under the table , it was irritating but I was too tired to care.

" So what's gonna happen next ? , I asked

" Well , I am leaving for California tomorrow , to pick up the documents your dad spoke about then head to Vegas to join the rest of the ghouts . Hopefully those documents provide us with solid info , we will keep spying on the target and learning his movement and of course we will keep you guys updated" , Teer said with a mouthful of food .

" Can I come too ? , I asked , to be honest after the incident with Zone in the kitchen I didn't want to be alone in a room with him any more.

" No , you can't come , you have to stay here and train with Zone , the quicker you're trained the better , we need to strike early " , and with that she confirmed my fear . Staying alone with Zone.

I was doing the dishes with Zone . We were talking , it had become a natural thing for us to tease each other whenever we talked.

" You have a big nose Lexi , bigger than you brain " , he kept on insulting me.

" That's it you bitch , I have heard enough " , I wiped my hands on my jeans and went to stand in the corner. Just like I had planned , Zone followed me.

" Aww I'm sorry cutie , did I hurt your feelings ? , he put his arm around my waist. Due to the fact that my back was turned he couldn't see my big smirk. I waited for him to get closer to me and then I elbowed him in the stomach. He fell to the floor and groaned in pain . I pounced on him and started little girl punching him.

" How do you like me now huh? , I asked as I was sitting on his now outstretched legs .

"I like feisty women , very attractive , and you are the only one I've met "

With those words my heart melted, I knew that I was feeling something , it even shocked me.

I was falling way too hard in love with Zone .

Eyooo guys wassup . So I have reached chapter 10 , OMG I am so excited for this. I will keep udating as soon as I can . Which will most probably be on a daily basis.

Things are getting pretty heated between Zone and Lexi right ?

I hope the book and the change of names are not confusing you

So what will happen when Zone and Lexi are alone ? , even I don't know yet so be sure to read Chapter 11 as soon as it's out

Comment and show your love

XOXO