Chapter three

Hi, how are we doing?.
Thanks Unadvisedpervert1 for the beautiful cover.
And sorry for the delay 😩🤧🙏.
Please vote and comment 😘😘.

  The next morning, I woke up at 6:00 AM in the morning and found my dad at home which was strange because he goes out really early. "Daddy, good morning" I greeted him, he just nodded so I walked out of the room.
I saw mum washing dishes and I wanted to help her but she stopped me. "Keji, wá" my dad called from the room. "Yes daddy" I replied and went to meet him.
"I'm sorry for how I reacted yesterday, I was angry, don't mind me" my dad said and I stood there in shock, my dad is apologizing? "Ah ah, say something nah" my dad said after a long while "I...I forgive you" "oya, come and hug me" I hugged him quickly and stood up "I want to get ready for school" I said, he laughed "today is Saturday which school again?" He asked. I totally forgot "oh, it's true sef" I said smiling sheepishly.
  Later that day, my dad went out leaving my mum and I at home.
"Mummy, can I go to Chinwe's house? I'll come back before four o'clock" I asked because the house was boring, no television or phone for me. Mum doesn't even use an Android phone not to talk of an iPhone, she's managing her button phone, Nokia 105 to be specific.
"But you have not eaten abi you want to go and eat there" she said looking at me suspiciously
"No oh, oya let me eat first then I'll go" I replied.
"I've told you not to eat any food that I didn't cook for you or snack that I or you or your father did not buy for you without telling me first" she warned dragging her ear like the typical Nigerian mother that she is.
"Ah ah, mummy I've heard nah" I replied growing impatient
"Who are you doing that face for? Let me hope it's not me" I quickly straightened up. "It's not you oh" I replied.
She served me lunch of cooked yam and stew with boiled egg, it wasn't my favourite but I liked it. I ate it quickly maybe too quickly that I felt like throwing up even.
Chinwe's mother and my mum are friends so her house is like my second house. They live two blocks away from my house. Her house is big with a really big television. I wanted to watch cartoon because anytime I hear my mates talking about one cartoon or the other I would just pretend as if I wasn't listening.
"Keji, how are you? Your mother nko? That woman cannot call me which kind of friend is that one sef?" Chinwe's plumb, dark and average height mother asked me embracing me in a warm hug.
"Fine fine ma, she has been busy but I'm sure she will call you soon" I said.
I saw Chinwe running towards me and hugged me tightly that I almost fell down. "Keji, come there's one cartoon I want you to watch" Chinwe on the other hand is slim, tall but dark like her mother in fact she looks like her mother.
She's the last child out of three children and she's the only one at home with her parents, the rest are already in the university.
Her first sibling is a boy named John while the second is a girl named Amarachi. I consider Chinwe a very lucky girl but with everything she has, she still likes me and I'm grateful for that.
  "Can you remember Frozen 1? " She asked and I nodded so she continued "Frozen 2 is out and I heard it's interesting, I wanted to watch it but I said I would wait for you" she said, dragging me to the living room where she inserted the Frozen 2 disc into a DVD player.
We spent almost two hours watching it, there were some parts I laughed till I felt tears in my eyes and some I almost cried but for the tragedy though.
"What's your best character?" She asked me "it's Olaf, he's so funny" I said remembering when he mimicked Elsa when she was looking for the voice calling her.
"Mine is Elsa, she's brave she could have died for real just to find out the  truth" Chinwe said, well that's true.
I checked the time and it was almost five o'clock. I had to rush home. I said my goodbyes and left.
I went home already expecting my mum to scold me but I saw her with a letter in her hand and tears in her eyes. No one had to tell me that dad had done it again.