Chapter twenty-six

Richard's POV

,"Keji, let's go. Come on, what are you even doing?"
"I'm coming"
"Tayo, are you ready?" I asked and she nodded.
"Don't worry, I'll get security for you"
"Richard, you have to protect yourself too. If Julie gets you then there's nothing left to fight for"
"I'll be fine".

After what felt like a decade, Keji decided to come out of her bedroom.
"Hey, it's going to be okay" I said sensing her anxiety. We reached Adamu's place where we would meet the lawyer.

"This is Barrister Edet, she is a graduate from the University of California, Los Angeles with a second class upper degree. She has worked for three years so she is quite experienced"
"Adamu, I'm flattered. Well, he has said it all. Nice to meet you, Barrister Edet at your service" I shook her hand.
"The pleasure is ours. I'm Richard McDougal, she's Morenikeji Oluwatayo and the witness, Oluwatayo Adejare"

Shortly after the introduction, we began. Barrister Edet asked us some questions then we went ahead and filed the case against Julie.
"Keji, you know she might not get arrested immediately, right? But she'll know we pressed charges so I'll get a bodyguard for you"
"Richard, I don't need one"
"Keji, we are not arguing this. Period" she sighed.
The day went in a blur.

  I woke up to the delicious aroma of Keji's cooking. I showered and got dressed in a suit, a red tie and black pair of men shoes.

"Good morning, my love"
"Good morning, breakfast is served" she walked over and I leaned over for a kiss since she's quite short compared to me.
She's not wearing a long ass night gown but what she's wearing is tempting. A tank top and shorts. I cleared my throat getting rid of the dirty thoughts in my head.

"Yeah, I'll e..eat and your bodyguard should be here soon"
"You look so handsome and formal in that suit"
"Thank you my lady, you look beautiful, sexy and quite distracting for me" I winked and she blushed. I ate the delicious meal of boiled yam and egg sauce. She wanted to shower before eating so she didn't join me.

"Hey boo, thanks for taking care of me. Richard, I feel like I should appreciate you more. I don't want you to take responsibility for everything"
"I don't mind taking responsibility for everything"
"But I do"
"Keji, we'll discuss this when I get back. Your bodyguard is outside now" I gave her a quick kiss and said bye.

Morenikeji's POV

  It's been four hours and I've been in this house with a bodyguard who is more of a robot than a human being.
No offense to robots.
He doesn't talk, he only told me his name which is Teslim.
I even called Tayo to check on her. I couldn't stay angry with her forever, she's family.

"Hey"
"Hi, it's Keji"
"Hey dear, do have security there?"
"Yes it's tiring, do you?"
"Yes, at least it's for our safety"
"I know, I'm not just used to it, I'm not used to these things"
"You're with Richard, a white guy who gets whatever he wants, you should get used to it. Do you think you would move out?"
"I want to, it's not like I don't enjoy his company but I don't want to be dependent on him. I want to earn my money and I wanted to discuss this with him, I'll find time to do so. I don't know where to go if I wanted to go today"
"You don't have to go. Do you think Richard has security with him?"
"I don't know, I really want to do something good for him too"
"Babe, in due time. Now, na to flex him money small. Make I go na, my husband dey hungry." She laughed "it's been long I spoke pidgin"
"Even me sef. Oya take care"
Is Richard safe too?

It's nine o'clock in the night and Richard is not yet back. I tried calling him but he's not answering. What do I do? I'm so worried. I called him again and no answer. I even called Adamu but he's not there. I made dinner and waited but I just ate mine and kept his in the fridge. The bodyguard is in the sitting room while I've been restless in my room. His car has not pulled into the driveway.

It's eleven and nothing from Richard. I showered and laid on my bed but my heart keeps pounding. I've been tossing and turning in bed.
Maybe he has a late night meeting and forgot to tell me? Is there even anything like late night meeting? I texted him again but nothing still. I closed my eyes and after many attempts, I finally fell asleep.

What could have happened to Prince Charming na? 😩
Please please please vote, comment and share 🙏.