50 ways to steal

The sounds of a ball hitting the wall and shoes squeaking on the floor echoed throughout the gymnasium. There was an odd mood that filled the room. It was like someone was trying hard not to fall.

"Ooh! Oikawa-san your jump serves are so powerful! Do you think I'll be able to do that? Can you teach me? Please? "

Of course, at this very moment Oikawa was trying his best not to be overwhelmed by the cuteness that is Hinata. Because if he lets his guard for even a second he'll be consumed whole. And that's when the naughty thoughts start. He has a tendency to think dirty things when it comes to Hinata. It just can't be helped sometimes.

"Of course I'll teach you. I'll teach you all the powerful serves I know. Then you won't have to rely on Tobio-chan to make you well known. "

There was and audible gasp from the orange haired boy as he jumped up and down like a dog wanting a treat. Oikawa avoided watching him. He couldn't stare long enough because the boy was too bright and he'd forgotten his sunglasses.

"Oikawa-senpai you're so cool! You're so much nicer than Kageyama. He's mean and never compliments me. He's also scary. "

Somewhere off in the distance there was a loud sneeze from the familiar black haired setter at Karasuno.

"I better not get a cold. "

That was the finishing blow for Oikawa. Hinata called him senpai. Senpai. It sounded so nice coming from him. It just rolled off his tongue so casually, but yet it still had a powerful punch. No matter how casual he said it. It punched him right in the chest. Where his heart is.

"Hinata, I can't. You're killing me. "

Oikawa said, defeated as he got down on his knees and covered his bright red face. The orange haired boy took a step back and tilted his head in confusion as he looked down at the deflated setter. He didn't understand what Oikawa had meant.

"Eh? But I don't have a weapon. And it's not like I could kill you with my bare fists. "

It was too much for the setter. He couldn't handle it. He slowly stood up and put his hands on Hinata's shoulders. Then he just shook him a bit.

"You're too freaking adorable. You need to just. . You need to just stop. Or I might do something I'll regret. Okay? "

Hinata just looked up into Oikawa's eyes and smiled. God, it was too pure and innocent. He needed to look away. He removed his hands from Hinata's shoulders and instead grabbed him by his waist and lifted him up overnhis shoulder. Immediately, Oikawa broke into a run towards the door.

"Um, Oikawa-san where are you taking me? Are we still going to practice? "

Oikawa of course had heard, but he didn't know how to respond. He had no idea where he was going and what he was going to do when they got to their destination.

"I'm just going to take you to my house for a little while. Because um. . I need to protect you from the volleyball monsters who come out late at night. They'll eat you alive! "

Hinata squeaked and covered his face. Oikawa felt his face get warmer. It felt like he was on fire. He knew such a small boy could do so much more to him than any giant. Just as they reached the street there was an audible cough from behind them.

"And just what do you think you're doing, Trashykawa? "

Really? At this time? Oikawa spun around to face Iwaizumi. A guilty look on the setter's face as he held Hinata tighter who in return was trying to see who else was there.

"Um, I was just taking Hinata to um. . Get some ice cream. "

Iwaizumi didn't look like he believed it. His arms were crossed and he was staring angrily at Oikawa. It was so fierce that the setter had to look away.

"I thought you were taking me to your house to protect me from the volleyball monsters. "

Oikawa stiffened and he put his hand to Hinata's mouth to shut him up. He smiled innocently at Iwaizumi.

"Iwa-chan, don't listen to him. He's been up all night playing volleyball so he doesn't know what he's saying. "

Iwaizumi just groaned loudly and walked toward Oikawa. Soon, kicking him in the knee and yanking Hinata out of his grasp. He placed the orange-haired boy firmly on the ground and grabbed his wrist and lead him back inside.

"Stop trying to steal the other team's players. Or I'll kick you in the nuts next time. Got it? "

Oikawa nodded as he jumped around trying to hold his knee. Meanwhile, the worried crow mother had just entered the gym after finding out about Hinata's absence. Iwaizumi and Hinata had just entered as well to see Suga pacing back and forth.

"Oh, I think you lost this. "

Iwaizumi said casually as he pushed Hinata towards the third year setter. Suga smiled in relief and was about to scold the orange-haired boy before Iwaizumi cut in.

"I caught Oikawa trying to take him home so if you're going to scold anyone go scold him. I already did, but I don't he's learned his lesson. "

Suga nodded and glanced at Hinata for a brief moment before dragging him out the door.