Just do the Quest

Swords clashed together. Blood splattered on the floor. Bodies fell limp to the ground. It was a mess. Who knew two people could do so much damage. Guess that's what happens when you have reliable people.

"Wow! Look at all this cool loot we got, Kenma! I got a ruby eyeball. See, because there's a ruby stabbed in it? "

Hinata said happily as he pressed a button on the controller and revealed the new item.

"Yeah, it's nice Shoyou. Hey, there's a quest we need to do. We need to find the soldier's sword. He's right over there. "

Kenma said unenthusiastically. He just moved the joystick around and pressed a few buttons.

"You know, I always thought you'd be a bit more happy about this. I mean we don't get to hang out this often. What am I too good at this game? Am I better than you? "

Kenma blew a blonde strand of hair out of his face slouched down more. Seeming to ignore what Hinata had said.

"You're pretty average, but compared to my level you're horrible. Anyways I'm happy that you're here. I just have something on my mind right now. "

Hinata tilted his head to the side to look at the pudding head boy. He put his controller down and stretched out his arms in front of him.

"Well, you know you can always talk to me. I'm here 25/8. "

Kenma gave Hinata a rather hard punch to the shoulder. Causing the orange-haired boy to hiss and rub his shoulder. He stuck out his tongue and made crazy eyes.

"You're so dumb sometimes. No scratch that, you're always dumb. It's 24/7. Get it right. "

Hinata basically let himself fall backwards. But before he hit the ground he grabbed Kenma's arm and brought him down with him.

"Don't be so serious. You're starting to sound like Tsukishima. And if there were two of them I think I'd jump in front of a train. "

Kenma looked at Hinata and then looked away. He knew the other was joking, but he still felt the need to scold him about saying things like that. Or maybe it was because he didn't want to think about things like that. He didn't want to think about any of his close friends dying young, and before him.

"Sorry. I didn't mean it. But I'm not doing that quest. You'll have to make me. "

Was that a challenge? Kenma turned to see those amazingly bright brown eyes staring into his own. He gave a small smile and sat up.

"But we need the soldier to proceed into the next battle. What can I possibly do to make you do the quest? "

Kenma said dramatically as he waved his arms up in the air. Hinata giggled and sat up as well. Then the pudding head boy smirked and tackled the orange-haired boy. He didn't know why, but he was feeling pretty playful right now. Hinata always lifted his mood. Because the shortie was just so interesting. He was always doing something new.

"Surrender now or I'll tickle you to death! Mwahahaha! "

Hinata put his hands on Kenma's shoulders to try to push him off. He was not about to be tickled to death. Though, he's never seen Kenma like this. It made him excited. Maybe he should hang out with Kenma more so that they can have fun like this more often.

"I'll never surrender! I'll keep my honor with me till the day I die and I laugh my last laugh! "

At this moment, Hinata had almost pushed Kenma off but the other grabbed his wrists and slammed them down lightly. He looked up at Kenma and his face reddened.

"I uh. . P-please be gentle! "

Hinata blurted and turned his head to look away. He had definitely not meant to say that at all and it probably came out wrong. He was completely flustered.

"Um. . Y-you're cute when you're f-flustered. . "

Kenma muttered and let go of the other and fell back. Covering his face in embarrassment. Kuroo had given him some flirting tips (;)) But at this moment he'd completely messed it all up. Man, he really should stop hanging around Kuroo or he might just turn into him. No, that'll never happen.

"W-what? Did you say just say I'm cute?! "

Hinata said loudly as he sat up. His face still a bright red. He pointed at Kenma, his hand shaking a bit.

"N-nobody calls me cute! I'm a fierce lion! You should fear me! "

Kenma laughed a bit quietly and reached his arm to pay Hinata's head. The setter couldn't help but notice just how soft the other's hair was. It was so fluffy. Why had he never noticed before?

"Kenma? "

The smaller boy's voice was soft and it seemed distant. Like he was miles away. He looked into his eyes and tilted his head a bit.

"Yeah, Shoyou? "

Immediately, at that moment Hinata grabbed Kenma by his shirt and pulled him into a kiss. It only lasted for a few seconds but it seemed like hours to the two of them. Once they broke apart they just stared at each other then at the floor awkwardly.

"W-we should get back to the game. I'll find the sword. "

Hinata nodded and picked up his controller. Kenma did the same but more slowly.

"Not if I find the sword first. "