Chapter 18

*Saturday around 7pm*

Kat's P.O.V.

Marj was over at my house and we were getting ready for the party. I could tell she was nervous because this was her first high school party and also because her mom didn't know. My mom didn't technically know either, she worked a lot to support the two of us so she didn't always see me on the weekends, but she knew I did stuff like this. She trusted me though, and my dad had trusted me too, so I wasn't going to be that stupid girl at the parties and let them down. Even though I probably already have before.

"How do I look?" Marj asks nervously spinning in her black dress twice. She curled her already curly hair into neater spirals and she had on some low heels since she was already pretty tall.

"Great" I say examining her. She was a bit dressed up, but it was her first party, she'd learn. But hey, she looked hot. I wonder how many boys I'll have to fend off for her tonight.

"Aren't you dressing up?" she questions looking over my outfit. I was wearing some ripped acid wash jeans and a casual gray tank top with a red and black flannel over it. I didn't really dress up when I went out, more like dress down.

"Nope. Just wearing this" I self-examine my outfit in the mirror on the back of my closed door. I had on combat boots and some heavy makeup. I pretty much was dressed how I always dress, I don't have anyone to impress at the party anyway. I mean I thought I'd have to impress Michael, but that was before I decided I liked Ashton more. Which reminds me. What am I going to do if I see Michael? More importantly, what am I going to do if I see Josh? I sigh in frustration and plop on my bed.

"What's wrong?" Marj asks as she puts on black matching earrings.

"I just remembered Michael told me he'd be at the party and I don't really want to deal with him, especially because I might have to deal with Josh. If you haven't noticed he's sort of clingy" I exasperate as I turn my body to look at her.

"Yeah I've noticed, but I thought you liked him?" she gives me a questioning look.

"Maybe for a while, but not anymore" I admit.

"Oh" she mumbles, then adds, "Well he seemed to like you" she states and she reminds me of what Lis, Kenzie, and Clara said. I find myself fascinated by the thought that maybe they're right, but I quickly push that aside.

"I just hope he didn't think too much of it because I just see him as a friend" I say and get up to run a brush through my hair before we leave.

Raya's P.O.V.

I called Calum for what seemed like the tenth time today but was only the third. Each time it went to voice mail. What on Earth could he be doing?

I wanted to tell him that Chad and I were going on a date thanks to him, and my mom's advise. I hear his voice on the line then the beep.

"Hey just calling again, I wanna talk to you. This will be the last call tonight so I guess I'll call you tomorrow at ten. Bye" and I hang up. I wonder if he's been busy or if he isn't answering me or didn't send me a text because he was mad or something. I mean I hope not, I just got over a strife with another friend.

I decide to text Chad and see what he's doing.

Me: Hey babe, I wish you were here. Can't wait for tomorrow:P

I had told my mom Wednesday when I got home about how Chad and I had made plans. She was happy for me when I told her I used her advice, but not as ecstatic as I thought she'd be. When I asked her why she just said "Honey, I'm glad you took my word to heart but you missed part of it. I said your best friend, do you really think Chad's someone who's gonna stick around?" it was harsh and I remember telling her she was wrong and myself being overly dramatic.