9

(y/n) silently entered the common room. It was past midnight. It felt like how it would feel if someone sneaking into their house past curfew.

"Hey, (y/n)" (y/n) heard a voice as she looked around to see Hannah Abbott.

(Y/n) made a natural reflex expression, "Hi."

"Where are you coming from at this time?" Hannah asked.

"Uhh" (y/n) tried to make up an excuse, "Library! Actually you see um..I have an essay to--"

She was cut off by Hannah saying, "Ah, library. Were you by any chance trying a spell that turns yellow scarves green?"

"What?" (y/n) asked.

"Your Hufflepuff scarf is green" Hannah kiddingly said, making (y/n) look down and yes, well yes, she had a Slytherin scarf wrapped around her neck.

Slytherin, only Slytherin, (y/n) thought, Doesn't know it's Draco. Stay calm

Before (y/n) could say anything, Hannah spoke again, "And, is that platinum-blonde hair I see on the scarf."

(y/n) breathed out loudly. Hannah laughed and said, "Chill, (y/n). There is no hair but I know you were with Malfoy."

"How did you know?"(y/n) whispered.

"I have my ways." Hannah cleverly answered, "Don't worry. I won't tell anybody."

"Thanks." (y/n) was grateful that it was Hannah and not anybody else.

"But be careful and don't be out late" Hannah sounded like her mother.

"Okay. 'night" (y/n) as she headed to her shared room.

"(Y/n), if you don't want people to doubt, take that scarf off."

"Thanks, again." (y/n) said, taking off the Slytherin scarf.

___________________________

"Seamus keeps disappearing somewhere. I think he's cheating on me." (y/n)'s friend whispered during Transfiguration.

"Shhhh" (y/n) whispered back knowing Professor McGonagall's ears.

"No." Professor McGonagall suddenly spoke, "I'm quite sure Mister Finnigan is not cheating on you."

The entire class laughed and (y/n) was second-hand embarrassed for her friend.

They were lucky to have Transfiguration with the Ravenclaws and not Gryffindor.

After Transfiguration, they finally got the time to talk about Seamus.

"It's not Seamus." (y/n) said, "Haven't you heard about Dumbledore's army?"

"What? No." her friend answered.

"Draco is quite busy going after them. It's come to notice that Harry has started a group, sort of to teach DADA since we don't really do the practical part with Umbridge." (y/n) told her friend.

"Why is that Malfoy so bothered? Tell him to mind his own business."

"That's what I said. Let them live their life but Umbridge is rewarding them with something, I think." (y/n) explained.

"I think Umbridge is evil. There's just something about her that's off." her friend spoke softly.

"Have you heard about her method of punishment?" (y/n) inquired, "It's pure torture."

Her friend knew and they talked about it till they went for her class.

"Professor, why aren't we doing any spells?" (y/n) asked even though she knew the answer. She agreed with the others that they should not just be asked to read the book for Defense Against the Dark Arts.