17. The Past

The hoarse and hard voice alerted the guards and the man alerted Nandini who widened her eyes.
Manik bent to Nandini's height and caressed her burning elbow while Nandini kept looking at him. He was a beauty! Shit, he was the most perfect creation on the world.

"Are you okay?" His soothing voice alerted her and she hissed when he caressed the bruise.

"Ohho, it's still hurt toh!" Looking tensed, he blew air and smiled at her who smiled back nervously.

Holding her hand, he tried to make her stand when she limped worrying him.

"Are you okay?" She nodded but he looked worried nevertheless.
"What was going on here? Is this the way you talk to someone? Haan? Get out of my eyes right now" He shouted at the guards who had their heads down, walking away and Nandini flinched. Manik who was holding her palm looked at her and smiled.

"May I know you name?" She nervously smiled and said, "Nan..Nandini"

"I am really sorry, Nandini! I didn't expect the guards to be so rude. I am really sorry" She smiled and her heart was already swooning.

"It's okay, aap Navya ko yeh de denge? She left her purse" Manik nodded and called out a man, asking him to give it to Navya who was inside the mansion.

Nandini nodded and looked at him who looked back for two minutes.

"Jee, Woh haath" She pointed out to their holding hands and he quickly left her hand making her look down.

"Thik hain" She said and quickly started to walk away when he called out and walked to her.

"Did you come by car?" Nandini shook her head and he looked at her, "Kaha se jayogi?"

"Wo..Woh rickshaw!" She said stumbling with her words. How are you going to say it to the richest billionaire son in the world?

"That's not safe at this hour. Come I will drop you!" He said and was about to walk further taking out keys from his pocket when she looked at him, "Aap? Aap kaise?"

"Oh sorry! Manik.." He forwarded his hand to which she bit her lower lip and shook her hands, "Aapke dost? Party?"

"Chuck it! I was anyway leaving.." She nodded when he asked, "Chalein?"

She thought for a while and nodded, following her. As they were walking to the car, he was talking to someone, presumably his P.A and Nandini was staring at the gem of a person he was.

They sat on the car and Nandini was sitting idly when he said, "Seatbelt?"

She has heard about it from someone but what was it?

Manik kept looking at her while she looked at him too.

"Seatbelt?"

"Jee, woh.."

How was she supposed to tell him, this was her first time in a car. She had seen Navya wearing a belt before driving but Manik was the one driv-

Her thoughts halted when she felt him leaning towards her and pulling a strap from her left. She gulped her saliva as he was attaching the Seatbelt, her heartbeat already running at the fastest.

"To where?" He asked and she said, "Jee, Woh Golden Orphanage" Manik's head snapped at her and he asked softly, "Orphanage?"

She nodded and his eyes softened. An orphanage? She didn't deserve this.

He drove away, stopped near a pharmacy, pulled his cap and sunglasses and got out, came inside the car and drove away to the orphanage.

As he parked near the secluded section of the orphanage, he came out and opened the gate for her to come out, taking her heart away!

She stood near the gate and thanked him when he smiled. His hands involuntarily went on her head and he caressed her head as she looked at him nervously, heart dancing!

Taking out the packet from the pharmacy, he handed over the ointment to her, "I am really sorry for their behaviour. Please take care!" Taking away a card from his pocket, he gave her and said, "Call me whenever you want me!" With the simple words, he drove away turning her world 360° because she had by the fallen in love with him whom she considered a mere crush.

While he had fallen in love when he saw her first.

Walking across the garden, he was trying to connect to his P.A when his eyes fell on her. Waist length hair and a petite height. Eyes speaking innocence and a smile. Dressed in a white kurti and a beauty herself! He knew he was gone, for the first time in his life.