Chapter 2

"These." He signaled the plate in which the Prime Minister Koo was ready to eat from.

"They're Yeong's favorite." He then placed the food on Jo Yeong's plate, with his chopsticks

They both looked at the King, confused. But mostly surprised.

The Prime Minister Koo is obviously on a high rank, meaning Jo Yeong has to be extra respectful, since he's only a bodyguard. The Captain, to be exact. But he's still lower than the Prime Minister. Even if he had a "higher" rank he'll still have to be respectful. Treating a guest, showing bad manners in front of the King doesn't sound like a good idea.

Even so, it isn't like he wanted to be respectful. That little attention seeker was on Jo Yeong's nerves. She would always, ALWAYS look for the King's attention. Probably because she wanted to become the "Queen". She doesn't even have feelings for the King herself.

Jo Yeong understands, King and Queen's relationships tend to be poor, forced, unromantic, or whatever you call it. But he still despises her. Something he doesn't even understand the reason to it. Infact he can't stand when other people are close to the King either. Which is something he cannot handle or do anything about it. It is totally normal for the King, and the high rankers to be surrounded by lots of important people after all.

To be frank, the King doesn't seem to enjoy her presence much either.

Jo Yeong had noticed a couple weeks ago, probably on one of their meetings. He'd look a bit...
uncomfortable around her every time she used to bring the topic about his romantic relationships.

But days passed. And it looked like the King didn't mind her presence anymore. Yeong wasn't sure if the King finally accepted her, or if he didn't care for her instead. Either way, Jo Yeong was kind of pissed... Every time she had talks or anything with the King,,, he would always get mad, he wouldn't show it though. He doesn't know the reason. But if he wasn't a Royal Guard...He would probably throw some punches-

Jo Yeong cursed himself for thinking that way. But it was true, he can't deny it.

Going back to where we left from...

Jo Yeong was surprised, It tends to be bad manners if you just- steal someone's food. That's probably the reason why he let go, and looked for another plate. But The King's actions... It sure did surprise him, and confuse him a bit.

"Why would his Highness, on a moment like this. Share his food taking it right from the Prime Minister Koo's chopsticks?!" Jo Yeong, thought to himself. Lots of questions filling his head.

Sure, Lee Gon, The King. Could possibly do whatever he wanted. And the food was his, to be sincere. But Jo Young couldn't believe he would choose him, over Minister Koo.

Okay that's a bit childish but...when it comes to his highness... Jo Yeong overthinks every single thing.

Lee Gon and Jo Yeong locked eyes.

"Right, Yeong-ah?" He said, smiling wide.

"Y-yes, thanks for sharing, Your Highness. But... well she indeed took the food first and-" Jo Yeong was cut off, by a pissed looking Prime Minister Koo.

"Seems like it's time for me to go, I'm pretty busy these days. Hope we get to see eachother again, soon Your Highness." She said making a noticeable faked smile. She then rushed out of the dining room.

"Talk about childishness...she sure is on another level." Yeong thought to himself.

"I'll make sure no one bothers us next time" Said Lee Gon.