》1《

A dark-haired girl dragged a huge suitcase across the concrete, its wheels scraping and creaking. She winced as it let out a particularly shrill squeak.

She continued, weaving past the hordes of people, unnoticed. Just another high schooler on the busy streets of Tokyo.

I knew I would hate it here. It's been 15 minutes and I already miss Miyagi, I miss my house, and Seijou, and Sakura, and Aiko, and Noya, and Iwaizumi-kun, and Kunimi, heck, I even miss Oikawa...

She descended the crowded stairs and into the railway station. People on the train yanked their gazes away from their screens to shoot her dirty looks, as they scrambled to make room for her humongous suitcase.

Stupid tousan, vanishing the second we got off the bus.

'Next stop, Nerima City.' A cool female voice rang out from the speakers. The girl groaned inwardly, forcing her sore muscles to stand up from her makeshift seat on the suitcase.

Nerima, for a place that's only twenty minutes from the city center, was surprisingly quiet. Barely anyone left the train with her, and birds' singing was clear and sweet in the air.

A quick glance at her watch told her it was 11:00, and the streets were empty, the adults at work, the children at school.

'What kind of person makes their kid move 2 weeks into the school year? Ugh,' she complained, digging through her backpack for that tiny slip of paper with their new address on it. She squinted at the note, trying to decode her father's illegible scrawl.

The girl brushed sweat out of her eyes, grimacing at the stickiness and grossness of it, and stabbed the key into the door. Shoving it open, she collapsed onto the wooden floor.

'I'm reading a book,' she announced to nobody, 'no, brain, I don't care if tousan told me to unpack the boxes.' Clashes echoed through the house, sliding doors rattling in their tracks, 'bedroom, bedroom, where is the bedroom, ah!'

She sprawled onto the empty and mildly uncomfortable bed frame, kindle held in front of her.

I'll deal with the boxes later...

Creepy alien music cut through the blissful silence, and jolted the girl awake. She blinked blearily, momentarily dazed. Her arm twitched, grabbing for the buzzing phone in her pack pocket.

'Ow, ow, ow, why did I fall asleep on this rock hard bed frame, oww.'

A grinning face appeared on the screen.

'Mirai-chan!' The face did a double take, 'you look terrible.'

'You woke me up.' Mirai grumbled, rubbing sleep from her eyes, 'What is it, Oikawa-san? Don't you have school?'

'Sorry, Mirai-chan,' he sang, not sounding sorry at all, 'it's a good thing I woke you up though, otherwise it will take you even longer to fall asleep tonight! School ended minutes ago! Coach let us call you before practice! Didn't I tell you to call me Tooru?'

'Us?' She promptly ignored the male.

The image on the screen turned, to reveal more smiling people, and one stony-faced statue.

'Mirai! You really do look terrible.' Aiko frowned, pushing up her glasses, and was shoved away by Sakura.

'How are you doing over there in the great city of Tokyo! We missed you at morning practice, the new libero is nowhere good as you!' Her long sheet of caramel hair whacking Aiko in the face.

'Watch it!' The poor girl grumped, picking her spectacles up from the floor. The two girls ended up squabbling, completely forgetting about the video call.