}2{

'It- Mirai-san! Come practice with me!' Kuroo banged on the door, ''Mirai-san! Wake up!'

'It's six in the morning,' She stuck her head out of an upstairs window, 'on a weekend.'

'What's your point?' He asked, sounding genuinely confused. After Mirai withdrew with a sigh and promised to be down in five, he bounced his worn volleyball on the sidewalk, humming a catchy radio tune under his breath.

Mirai rummaged through the giant box labeled 'Summer Clothes', pulling out a simple gray tshirt and running shorts. Running a brush through her tangled wavy hair, she completed the difficult task of going through her short morning routine with one hand, brushing her teeth, splashing water on her face. She poked at the bags under her eyes, letting out an exasperated breath.

True to Oikawa's word, she couldn't sleep until 5 am, and had spent the night wandering around the corridors like a ghost after she failed to produce sleeping pills.

No more afternoon naps for me.

'Wow, you look worse than you did yesterday.'

'Hardy har har, get on with it. Where's Kozume-san?' She shot a glance at the still darkened windows of the neighbouring house.

'Not a morning person? You're lucky I didn't make you go with me on my morning run. Kenma absolutely refuses to get out of the house before eight on weekends, so it's just you and me, princess.'

'Can I refuse to get out of the house before eight? Or better yet, noon.'

He tossed the volleyball in her direction, which she caught with ease, and hurled back at his bedhead.

'Come on, slowpoke. It's not like you only got an hour of sleep,' he cackled, 'Mirai-san? Oh, oh, OH, I get it now. I'm soorrrry Mirai-san. Don't hit me, I didn't knooww!' He ran screaming down the road, as Mirai chased him with a threatening volleyball.

They made it to the end of the street before an elderly man with snowy white hair threw a can of soup at them, 'SHUT UP YOU TINY KIDS!'

'Hey mister! Thanks for the cream of mushroom!' He turned away, muttering under his breath, 'Me? Tiny? Kid? I am no kid, and I'm taller than him. You, on the other hand, my dear Mirai, that description fit you perfectly.'

'Excuse you! I am a perfectly respectable 175 cm tall.'

'Chibi-chan~' Mirai went still, letting out an actual growl. 'Noooo, you just met me, Chibi-chaaann, you can't go around throwing volleyballs at mee!' Iwaizumi would have been proud if he saw, almost every hit was head on, bouncing off his head and back towards Mirai as she tailed Kuroo down towards the creek.

There was a grassy piece of flatland, all trampled up, proof of constant practice. An old volleyball net was set up in the middle, rust creeping up the supporting poles, with a lump of clothing huddled next to it. A twitching lump of clothing, that was emitting video game beeps and boops, and glowing.

Kuroo picked Kenma up by the scruff, face alight with disbelief. Kenma being Kenma, ignored him, eyes glued to his game. Only after he was shook up and down for a minute did he look up. He glared at Kuroo, and avoided Mirai's eyes altogether.

'Kenma! This is the first time I've seen you willingly step out of the house on a weekend! This calls for a celebration!'

'What?' He said, sounding slightly curious.

'Volleyball practice!' Cue the groan, and a swipe at his face. Kuroo set him down, and took the volleyball from Mirai. 'Come on, Kenma can set, and Mirai-san can receive my amazing spikes.'