✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿

I did that last chapter to draw attention to how my people are being treated in this world.

Honestly, there is nothing anyone can say that can change that. Even with all the rioting, we have been doing that for years. It's sad that we have to continue to do it just to be heard.

We are being treated as if we didn't fight for a place in this world. Treated as if we didn't make America great. Y'all can say whatever y'all want, but if you have a problem with what I'm saying, please go ahead and stop reading my book.

The main profit for the South was cotton and tobacco. Who picked that cotton and tobacco? Who were the ones who put so much fear in the white peoples heart that they made laws to prevent us from having anything, from doing anything.

At one point, there were so many black people compared to the whites that we were banned from carrying firearms. Just because of fear.

Because of that fear today, my people are being shot by the ones we trust to protect us. They may be protecting other people, but my African American community? We are not being protected, we are being put down, we are being shot down, we are being belittled.

Everything we have, we literally had to fight through 401 years of slavery, segregation, and oppression just to get it. And to this day, we are still fighting.

It hurts me to see my people killed at the hands of police officers. It hurts to have to talk to my black nephew about how to speak to a white police officer, how to address him, how to walk into a store and not be suspicious. Especially when there is no way we cannot be looked at as wrong because of our skin color.

To be black in America has to be the hardest thing.

I just had to vent about that cause I also see a lot of people giving their support, but honestly where was that support before? These killings have always been happening and the only reason some people are speaking out is because we all at home with nothing else to do.

Pray for the black community.

We are not ok.