The Dance: Our Secret (Part 7: Final)

Kaz's POV
After about an hour and a half of going to kiosks and viewing alien ceremonies the lanterns started to dim and everyone moved to the dance floor. Skylar and Oliver went together, Bree had three guys fighting over her, and Chase was nowhere to be found. I moved to the floor alone. I wasn't going to let my feelings ruin this night. I could still have fun.
A live band started playing elegant jazz music while everyone formed partnerships and started dancing. I walked the floor looking for someone to ask to dance and realized that everyone already had a partner. Right when I was ready to give up, I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Can I have this dance?"
I turned around and saw a young man wearing a gold and white mask. I knew it was Chase from his voice. He was holding an elegant black and red mask in his free hand. I was still upset about what happened earlier but I did not have a dancing partner.
"I don't know." I said looking down at the floor.
"Please?"
He held out his hand again. I looked up at him. I sighed and took his hand. It's impossible to stay mad at someone forever. If I was going to be a hero, I needed to learn not to run from my problems.
"Okay. Only if I can wear that cool mask though." I said smiling slightly. He smiled back at me and my chest swelled. I pulled the mask over my face and felt the whole world disappear except for Chase and me.
I placed my hand on his waist, he placed his on my shoulder, and we started to dance. After a few songs, we finally spoke.
"Hey Kaz." Chase started. "I'm really sorry about what I said."
"It's alright. I never should've kissed you. That was unfair of me to assume you wanted me to without asking you first"
"Hey that's okay." Chase said, making a short turn. "If you must know, I liked the kiss." he said smiling down at his feet. I was surprised.
"I thought you said you felt nothing."
"I'm sorry I said that. I was just shocked and a little confused. I've never felt this way about a boy before. Or anyone before. It's all new territory for me."
"I know what you mean." I said spinning into his arms and back out. "With both of us being boys I mean. It took me a while to come to terms with who I was and who I liked. Liking both boys and girls is difficult. Some people don't understand and some people do but refuse to treat you like you deserve to be treated."
"I know that feeling. Before people knew I was bionic, I was so scared they would figure out who I was and hurt me even though I couldn't help it. Now it feels like I'm right back where I was." Chase took a breath and turned around my body, flipping our positions.
"I understand that. I never meant to cause you so much confusion. If you need time, that's perfectly fine with me. I'd never tell anyone. You're safe with me."
Chase paused and looked up at me. His smile was the warmest thing I've ever felt.
"Thank you Kaz. The truth is though, even though I'm not ready to share my feelings with the world." Chase said, placing his hand behind my neck. "I am ready to share them with you though." he pressed his lips against mine for a short while. "And I want to be with you."
"This can stay our secret then." I said smiling and kissing him again.
We continued to dance for the rest of the night, hiding in plain sight with only us knowing about our feelings. It was the best feeling in the world and no one could take away our secret.