The Dance: Our Secret (Part 6)

Chase's POV
Everything I do just makes things worse. I'm just so confused. I know I like Kaz because it stung to tell him I felt nothing when we kissed. I'm just not ready for anyone else to know.
We're both sitting in the back of Mr. Davenport's limo. I look over at him. His hair is falling down his face in dark curls that shine in the street lights. Everything about him is so effortlessly beautiful. I've always noticed and admired that about him but I guess now I finally really noticed it. The clearness of his skin interrupted by the small splotches of freckles near his nose makes him look soft and comforting. His eyes looked sad though. I can't believe I ruined everything so quickly. Even if I allowed myself to be with him and no one minded, I know he wouldn't want to be with me. I messed up. How could I say I felt nothing?
I was about to say something to him when we arrived. I looked out the window at a small, abandoned warehouse. Was this the place?
"We're here!" said Skylar. "Oh I'm so excited. I need to show you guys the ritual dance of Ahhkooleki! It's gorgeous AND dangerous. Come on!"
Kaz stepped out of the car saying nothing. I followed close behind him.
Skylar pulled Oliver into the abandoned warehouse and Bree followed them in looking sceptical. I looked up at the chipped painting on the outside and the building, took a deep breath and walked in. As soon as we walked through the front doors a refreshing breeze hit my face and lights shone down on me from every direction. There were tall firelit lanterns and miniature Christmas lights lining each kiosk and every wall. There was no ceiling but the grounds were not drafty. It was gorgeous. You could see almost every star system from this place.

"This is the greenest grass I've ever seen in my life." said Bree squatting down to feel it.
"Bree don't touch the grass!"
"What do you think you're doing young lady!" said a giant man rushing towards Bree.
"Oh uhmm I..." Bree said, backing away from the man.
"I'm so sorry." said Skylar butting in. "My friend here isn't really versed in alien culture. Here" she said, giving him a penny.
"Oh my. This isn't really necessary. It was just a mistake" he said, immediately calming down. He tried to give it back.
"No no. You take it sir." Skylar said letting the man keep it.
"Thank you fair lady. You're very generous" he said bowing and walking back to his kiosk. Oliver grabbed Skylar by the arm, backing away from the man. Everyone looked at Skylar questionably.
"Copper's really rare on his planet. A penny is like 1000 earth dollars. Also, stay off the grass. That's their children..."
Bree's eyes widened and she super-sped off the grass.
I walked to kiosks with the rest of the group trying new alien foods and collecting souvenirs. None of the food tasted great but it made Skylar happy to see us enjoying it so we ate everything she gave us. I bought some alien stones worth millions for only a couple pennies. This night was almost perfect. Then I looked over at Kaz joking with Oliver and Bree. It was almost perfect.