The Dance: Our Secret (Part 5)

Kaz's POV
I went to my room and sat on my bed. I was so embarrassed. I had to talk to Chase about what happened. I had to make things right with him.
About an hour ago I went to his room and knocked on the door, but nobody answered. Skylar, Bree, and Oliver got back about 30 minutes ago and everyone is getting ready for the dance. If I don't get ready now, people are going to ask. I took a deep breath and put on a brave face and got myself ready for the dance.
I took a shower, washed my hair, washed my face, and shaved. I felt a lot better and decided to do my hair. I brushed my tangled dark hair straight back and blew it dry. It naturally parted to the side and fell down the left side of my face in large waves. I thought I looked really nice. My mind continued to wander back to what happened this afternoon but I tried my best to not think about it.
I threw on my best outfit and headed out of my room. Just as I walked out, so did Chase. We looked at each other and said nothing for about 20 seconds.
"Uhm" "So hey" we both said at the same time.
"You go" I said looking down at my shoes.
"Well first, you can't wear that to the dance." he said smiling clearly trying not to bring up our kiss. "Come on I have extra suits"
I followed him into his room as he threw a structured, black suit jacket at me. I fumbled and caught it as he was scouring his closet. He looked very nice. His dark blonde hair was pushed to the side and fell around his face highlighting his eyes. I realized I was staring and felt ashamed.
"You'd look good in this." He said, throwing me a dark red shirt with a black shiny tie. "And this." I almost dropped everything when he tossed me the pants matching the jacket. "Your shoes are fine."
I unbuttoned my shirt and slipped on the red button-down. It smelled like peppermint and citrus. I looked over at Chase who was putting on a layer of concealer on the bite mark I gave him. I took a deep breath.
"So Chase, I think we should talk about what happened"
"Nothing happened. There's nothing to talk about." he said, not even looking at me. I flushed, not knowing what to stay.
"What are you talking about?" I said as I slipped on the black pants Chase gave me. I felt a knot form in my throat.
"What are YOU talking about?" he said, turning to look back at me.
"You know what I'm talking about Chase." I said, trying not to raise my voice. I knew that would only make things worse.
"No I don't,'' he said turning back around, ignoring me. I jumped in front of him.
"We KISSED Chase. That's what I'm talking about" His face was emotionless. The knot moved from my throat to my stomach and my face turned red with frustration.
"So what?" He said, turning his back to me again.
"Will you look at me please?!" I said grabbing his wrist. He slowly turned around and looked at me with a blank expression. "So what? Did you feel nothing?" I said tearing up a little bit.
"Nothing..." he said.
I let him go and slowly backed up. I grabbed my jacket and left his room. I looked back for a second and out of the corner of my eye, I saw his emotions break through. I wanted to go back but it was too late. The limo taking us to the dance had already arrived.