15. The Feeling Called,Love

The sound of utensils and rain echoed. There was no budge from the members sitting because they knew that before the eldest member of the family, whenever he was angry or something,no one had the courage to speak out. That was when the food arrived and Vijay spoke.

"Hmm? Now tell..
Can't you even call us..hun?"
Siddhant who sat with his head downcast, was ready to get an earful from his father.
"Arey!
You all are grown ups and do have a phone but No! What really do you think you are?"

"Papa..actually... phone was dead..
I thought to inform you but...it was dead by that time...
Moreover, I couldn't escape the..huge traffic that..surrounded my car.."
Siddhant spoke more like a whisper.

"Whom do you call or talk with,that your phone turns out to be dead in these times?"
Vijay's voice trembled with outrage.
"You should have told anyone of us. If not us You could have told to Avyakta, only. But no!! This King's son will do only what he want."
He roared,while others sat quiet.

Avyakta brought the curry in a vessel and put it on the table. She didn't even dare to look at Siddhant and busied herself in the work.

"I-I thought..that the each one of us....would have been tired..so why not bring..dinner from outside...
I'm sorry for going without..letting you know and making you this tense..Sorry Papa, Sorry Maa.."
Siddhant whispered while playing with the spoon in his hand.

"Papa..Leave it,no? Now..what could he do... Never mind but..Don't make it a big issue..
Just Forgive him?"
Ruchi tried to take her brother's side but she had gathered much courage to take out these words from her mouth. In return, she got a glare from his side.

"Don't become a good sister by taking his side..It's better you keep your mouth shut..It's between me and Siddhant.. "
Vijay spoke making Ruchi pursed her lips,together.
Avyakta was serving Chapati to everyone. While coming towards Siddhant, she skipped him and gave it to Priya who was sitting beside him. His head, instantly shot up and noticed how she skipped him. Avyakta, was in no way,mood to give him and went to kitchen.

Priya noticed them and shaked her head sideways,with a sympathetic smile, at him who wide eyed looked at her retreating figure. She provided him her extra Chapati, patting his shoulder.
"Look,How people treat when you try to make the things easy? I just wanted to reduce that load you women have,to make the dinner.."
He whispered.

"Bhaiyaa.. I know..Don't be sad..Okay? Have food..
Forget it.."

They all ate in silence, while in between discussing about today's function. Whereas,Siddhant sat there like a kid who was in a punishment, realising the mistake he did with head bent low. Avyakta,too ate with silence. While, having his dinner, when his gaze went towards her,silently eating her food. He noticed her face and stared to get her attention but the stubborn Avyakta refused to even give him any heed.

While everyone had their dinner, Avyakta and Siddhant stayed there.
After, completing all their kitchen works and not so- long chit chat, the ladies and men  decided to announce it a day. Avyakta peeked from the kitchen and found Siddhant, who was still there in the dinning area.

"Why isn't he going to room?"
Spoke Avyakta while gulping down water.
Siddhant, sat on the chair, with an old magazine, probably a month ago's, purposely to have a word with her. Reason, just to know the ignorant behaviour of hers towards him, suddenly.

After, completing her work, which she intentionally did to stay away from him,she saw him still sitting there. Giving no heed to him, she walked past him and in instant, he too stood up and stalked her. She knew he would  ask her the reason for being this angry but she being her would not tell.
She walked to the washroom after reaching her room and waited infront of the door.