Chapter 17

I was exhausted after I finished helping Niall clean his kitchen. I really needed to get home. It was almost four o'clock in the morning and I had practice at eleven o'clock.

I called for a cab, since my car was left at home. It has been a really long day.

From being hungover due to my sisters wedding, the soccer game, the fight.

I cannot even comprehend why he showed up. Or why he even thought about it. Niall was busted up pretty bad, and his manager was pissed at him, all because of me!

"I called a cab, I should be heading home anytime now." I said to him, his attention on his phone.

"Alright, uh, would it be alright if we exchanged numbers?"

"Yeah, no problem!"

We quickly exchanged numbers, right before the cabbie honked indicating that he was here to pick me up.

"I'll text you tomorrow, after I finish up with practice, if you aren't busy?" I half asked and half said, unsure on how to make a statement like that.

"I actually have a concert tomorrow at Croke Park, you're welcome to come if you'd like to," He said, "I can take you there."

Pondering in my brain on whether to accept this invitation, I decided to accept, I mean, it's not like I had anything else better to do.

"Yeah, that sounds fun! Do you want me to meet you here?" I asked.

"Yes, meet me here at 2:30."

I nodded, heading towards the door, Niall scurrying to open the door before I got there. I stepped through the door, turning to say goodbye.

"I'll see ya tomorrow," I smiled, opening my arms for a hug.

"Have a good morning." He chuckled, hugging me back quickly.

I half ran, half skipped to the cab, for some reason, oddly happy.

Well then.

This is slightly odd.

_______

**NEXT MORNING**

I rolled out of bed, pounding the SNOOZE button on my alarm clock. I groaned, rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes. I only had practice for an hour. This should be a good day.

I stumbled out of bed, walking into the bathroom, turning the shower on. The shower seemed to be where I could do all of my thinking.

I turned the water to steaming hot, and got into the shower. I thought about everything that had happened yesterday.

I don't know why that dumbass would even show up somewhere he knew I would be. There was no way I would even consider getting back together with him. I was thankful that Niall defended me, but he did get in trouble and I felt horrible about that.

I felt a happy sensation when I thought about him. The only downside was that I didn't know much about him. Yes, I knew his name. Niall James Horan. But didn't every one know his name. I know who he is. I just don't know the non-famous Niall James Horan.

And I'm looking forward to getting to know him.

This is strange. Didn't I say that I didn't want to let anybody in for a while? But, I felt my walls tumbling down as he cracked them with his hammer.

I sighed, turning the water off and getting out of the shower.

I got dressed, blow drying my hair, and throwing it into a ponytail. Grabbing my equipment, I jogged to my car, heading to practice.