You're My 'Perfect Stranger'!. - Chapter 3

--

"So who's the new guy?"

Wendy looked up from her plate, chewing calmly while buying time to answer. "What new guy?" she finally said after swallowing.

"Oh don't play dumb. You insisted on going back to that club for a reason, didn't you?"

She shrugged then continued eating.

"Come on. Who is it? You've been seeing him every weekend, haven't you?"

"None of your business, Park Sooyoung."

The tall young woman raised her eyebrows. "Now this is a first. You usually don't care enough to hide your conquests from me." She leaned forward, lowering her voice. "Is he that good?"

Wendy wanted to keep her face expressionless and say no, but the thought of the mysterious 'I' involuntarily caused the corners of her mouth to twitch, forming a quick, small smile.

"Well, well... this is definitely new," said Sooyoung when she saw the split-second reaction. "Who is he? When can I meet him?"

"You're not meeting anyone."

"Why are you so stingy? It's just tradition. I'm not gonna steal him away from you or anything."

"It's not that. It's just..." How do you explain that it's a she and not a he?She was okay with it but somehow felt that her friend - or anyone else close to her, for that matter - would strongly oppose her seeing another woman.

"What? It's just what?" Sooyoung was not backing down.

"Not yet, okay? I don't want to rush things. Just let me enjoy it, will ya?"

Sooyoung leaned back in her seat, furrowing her brows at her best friend. Wendy never hesitated to introduce anyone to her like this before. In fact, they would usually have fun discussing the boy toy, down to every little detail. "You're acting strange. Is he married?"

"Wh-what?!" She almost choked on her drink. "Of course not! What do you take me for?!"

"Then why are you hiding him like this. I thought we made a deal? Share. Best friends share, Wendy."

"I know. It's just..." Wendy exhaled. "I don't want you to judge me."

"You know I won't do that." Sooyoung's tone softened. "Is it really that bad? Worse than that ex-idol guy?"

"No one could be worse than that one. Sigh... I don't know. Just give me time? I'll tell you about it in due time, okay?"

"Hm... okay. Just be careful."

"I will." She smiled gratefully at her friend. "I'll be fine. Don't worry."

--

"So she's seeing someone?"

"Yeah."

"Who?"

"Not sure. She wouldn't say."

"She wouldn't say? Really? That's new. Is it serious then?"