You're My 'Perfect Stranger'!. - Chapter 5

--

"So she's back, huh?" He looked at one of the two young women. "How did she find out?"

"I'm not sure."

"I have a guess," said the other tall young woman. "There was that huge event with one of our global clients and a picture of Wendy and the celebrity guests was uploaded onto news websites."

"I thought you knew better than to let such a thing happen, Sooyoung."

"I was in the restroom, Sir. Besides, I've run out of excuses to tell the press not to publish our account executive's photograph. Especially when she looks like Wendy," the young lady defended herself.

"What's your excuse, Yeri?" the man turned back towards the other woman in the room.

"She ran. Left without a word. She just hopped on a plane one day and disappeared."

"How did you track her down then?"

"Where else would she be? It was a guess, honestly. My first and best guess."

The man exhaled then leaned back in his large leather chair. "So now what? They're back together?"

"Irene unnie said she'd keep her part of the deal. She knew she only had a few months left," Yeri said.

"And I don't think Wendy knows who Irene is," added Sooyoung. "So basically nothing's changed, Sir."

"Irene could tell her."

"I don't think she would," said Yeri. "She would only hurt herself and Wendy unnie if the latter still couldn't remember."

"And even if she did remember, what good would that do if Irene had chosen to keep her part of the deal?" Sooyoung chimed in.

"True. But what if she ran? What if they both ran?" he asked.

"I'm afraid there's always that possibility but I trust Irene unnie."

"She ran from you, Yeri."

"She'd eventually come back, Sir."

He tilted his head, staring at the firm young lady with slight amusement. "I guess it's your job to make sure that happens, isn't it?"

--

She had just finished washing her hands when the doorbell rang.

After wiping her palms on the apron around her waist, she literally skipped towards the little screen on the wall and smiled when she saw the face.

She buzzed the gate open and ran to the door, opening it before Irene had even reached it.

Irene raised her eyebrows but didn't comment when she saw the bright smile welcoming her. It wasn't until she noticed the messy pink apron that she finally opened her mouth. "What have you been doing?"

"You'll see."

She pulled Irene's hands, dragging her inside, straight into the kitchen.

"Ta-da!" She proudly showed Irene the tray in the middle of the messy counter, lined with six red velvet cupcakes in blue and pink baking cups. "I'm not sure how they taste since it's my first attempt and all, but I hope they're at least edible. Found the recipe online. I haven't tasted them after they came out of the oven though."

Letting go of Irene's hands, she picked one cupcake up and showed it to her. "Look! I even found blue and pink cups! Cute, isn't it? You said you liked pink and I like blue so I-..."

She almost dropped the cupcake when Irene pounced her, hugging her tight.

"W-whoa. Irene? Are you okay?"