Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I sat waiting, wondering how on earth he knew about the accident. I had told no one, not even Ryan, the only person who knew was my brother and my mom.

“Now before you freak out on me, let me explain.” Dylan said as he got into the truck, I just nodded. “I also didn’t live in the US all my life, I actually lived in the same small town you did, but you don’t recognize me. I recognized you, but that doesn’t matter right now. What does is that, I started thinking a couple weeks ago about how you used to have a dad and I thought your mom was a brunette, and that is when it hit me, you were that girl.”

“That doesn’t tell me why you live in the states now too?” I reply.

“Well once my mom left my dad and I we decided to leave, but the only place where I could try and make a career out of racing, and where he could work was down there, so well that’s it really.” He started that truck and fallowed the guys.

Another half hour later and we were pulling into a familiar place, the snowmobile dealer of my hometown.

“Oh my god, Dylan is that you?” A voice filled the empty shop. “I thought you had left me forever, now you’re back to save me from this. Who is that?” A red headed girl snapped.

“Well this is my girlfriend, Nicole.” He replied. All I could do was think about the fact he just called me his girlfriend.

“Oh no you didn’t, I thought you said you and I would last forever on your last trip up here?” She sounded hurt.

“Well that isn’t true and I’m sorry for that, but I’m in love with her.” He stoped and went into the back. I fallowed him and saw six brand new summits sitting there.

“You guys got these too?!” I yelled.

“No, you can thank your good pal Harley for that.” Ryan said walking up behind me.

“Well when I heard you were coming back, I couldn’t help but do something nice for you.” Harley said stepping out from the work room.

I hugged him. “You have got to be kidding me, this has been the best trip ever.”

“And it is nowhere near done.” Ryan laughed.

Three Days Later

“I think it is time we all sat down and talked a little about something.” Ryan said.

“Umm what?” I asked.

“Oh umm Cole you can’t be part of this conversation.” He said looking at the floor.

“Oh okay.” I walked away.

An hour later I got the worst phone call of my life.