i. way back home

PPOPCON 2022 CONCERT IN ARANETA COLISEUM.
APRIL 10, 2022.

It's surreal to be a part of something that you know will go down in PPOP history as the most memorable concert. Today is the day of the PPOPCON 2022 Concert, and many PPOP idols have been preparing for this night for quite some time; we are all excited to perform in front of a live audience because for the past few years, we've only done our concerts via online streaming, but now numerous people have come to see the concert—fans from various fandoms.

Today is also Kiera's “surprise” visit for us; they claim it was meant to be a surprise for me, but I don't really think so. I'm also hoping that nothing has changed between us since it's been two and a half years since we last saw each other.

“Hoy, Jah! Kanina ka pa nakatulala d'yan,” Stell chuckled, glancing at me before returning his attention to fixing Ken's make-up.

While the other members—Pablo is practicing his rap parts alongside Josh, who is holding his phone but still practicing his parts, and me, I'm just lost in my thoughts and staring at my reflection in the mirror. I'm all set anyway.

“Pano iniisip cru—ay best friend niya pala,” Ken teasingly said with his deep voice.

“Sino?” Stell also teased. “Ah! Si K—”

“Hoy po!” I cut him off before he could say her name. “Iniisip ko lang 'yung performance natin mamaya. Grabe naman kayo.”

“Kows,” they teased.

SB19 members teased me about Kiera all the time, especially when she became famous in the world of vlogging and was linked to someone named Chord—her high school best friend in NY; they teased me about being jealous… which I am not. She's my best friend, and I'm hers. We're only… best friends.

“SB19! Are you guys all set?” one of the concert staff members entered the room.

“Start na ng PPOPCON! Good luck!” our friends with backstage access cheered.

The concert began with other PPOP icons performing their songs, and I'm so proud of our sister group, KAIA, who finally made it and debuted a few days ago, which was a huge success for everyone. Hard work pays off, no?

“Josh, naliligaw pinsan mo kung saan-saan napupunta,” Xi-Anne yelled as soon as she walked into the room, and when our gazes met, she grinned and wiggled her brow.

That's when my gaze shifted behind Xi-Anne and my heart beats faster than when I'm performing. Kiera. It's Kiera. She's still looking down at her phone, so she's unaware that all of us are already staring at her until she looked up and grinned at us. Frozen in place, I suddenly don't know how to approach her or what to say to the woman I'd been best friends with for a long time, whom I hadn't seen in two years due to our hectic schedules and her absence.

Kiera Quinn Santos, Josh's cousin and my college best friend—the girl I almost lost two and a half years ago.

“KIERA!” SB19 exclaimed, and dashed over to her to give her a super tight hug, which she gladly accepted and returned.

“Saan ka naman nagpupupunta ha? Maligaw ka na naman d'yan.” Josh scolded his cousin.

“Kuya Josh, hindi na talaga ako bata para pagalitan,” Kiera pouted before responding to her cousin's question. “Kila Mikki lang naman e.”