x. i got you, always

“Hey, don't look at the water too much, or you'll get dizzy again,” Justin said quietly, and leaned over to see what Kiera was staring at.

He sat next to her when they all boarded the boat, and he's been staring at his phone for the last 10 minutes since they left the dock. She looked away from him because it's actually wonderful to gaze at how clear the water is rather than the person who makes her sentiments uncertain towards him because all he's doing was friendly, at the same time it's lovely and affectionate to be more than anything else. Or it's simply her reading into things she shouldn't because she likes him, and he just considers her to be a friend.

“You all right, Kie?” he asked again.

She gave a reassuring grin. “Yup, I'm fine. Very fine; I greatly appreciate your help earlier, Jah.”

He slightly messed up her hair. “I'm glad you're not getting sick like you did when we went to Palawan years ago. Kung may nararamdaman ka, sabihan mo ako agad. I got some meds naman, so don't worry, okay?”

“You've got the what?”

“I remembered, Kie. I got you.”

“Jah! Pwede picturan mo kami dito?” one of their friends said.

But before Justin stands up and joins them, his signature gummy smile appears. The warm feeling in Kiera's chest and butterflies in her stomach returned, and the fear of riding the boat vanished. He still remembers our trip to Palawan? Kiera was with him and his family at the time, and it was her first time riding a boat, and Justin looked after her the entire time because she was scared, and he understood.

I became selfish towards you, Kie.

That sentence has been haunting her since last night, causing her to lose sleep. She wants to know what he meant when he said that, so she doesn't overthink it and interpret all of his actions toward her now.

“So, what did I miss, my dear Kiera?” Chord slid into Justin's seat, a teasing sneer on his lips. “Have you two finally reconciled your feelings for each other?”

She sighed and rolled her eyes. “You didn't miss anything, Chord. Where have you been these last few days? You still love her?”

“Wow, okay… Fine, we're not going to talk about you and Justin… yet, Kie, yet,” he said, stopping me from speaking by raising his point finger. “Here's the answer to the first question: I've had numerous meetings with various producers, but I'm not interested in any of them as of the moment 'cause I don't have the energy; second, yes, I still love her.”

Kiera pretended to choke and appeared astonished. “What? Really?”

His gaze was fixed on her. “Are you really surprised, Kiera?”

“No, I'm not, Chord-ie.”

“What should I do?” he questioned.

Like she knew the answer to that. She also can't get over her feelings towards her best friend, or maybe she honestly didn't want to cause loving him even from afar made her content and happy as long she sees him happy.

“How should I know, Chord?” she murmured to him, as if they were sharing a secret. “I've liked that guy for almost seven years now; what do you think I did?”

“Well… Sorry, my bad,” he laughed. “You'll never be over him, Kie.”

“Yeah, you too,” she grinned. “You'll never be over her, Chord.”

* * * *

Siargao; Cloud 9 Surfing Area

“Wow! Ang ganda naman pala dito. Sino marunong mag-surfing?” Carl asked excitedly. “Mag-surfing tayo!”