Anko Dango

After that meeting, Izuna and Rin always hung around together, usually sleeping over at each other's houses as well. Their relationship grew, Izuna could even say that Rin was closer to her heart than Obito was, because Rin made time for the girl more than the Uchiha ever did. Izuna loved Rin, she really did. She had helped her get over Obito's death, and Izuna barely had any time to mull over in self-pity. Without Rin, Izuna would've been lost.

Panting slightly, Izuna brightened up considerably once she found Rin talking with another girl by a dango shop. The Uchiha had been searching for the girl for hours, hoping to show the Nohara her achievement and progress, but it was as if she had disappeared off of the face of earth until now. Running full speed towards Rin, Izuna glomped the back of her legs, bringing the two toppling to the ground.

"Izuna!" Rin obviously knew who the offender was before she even looked at her. She twisted around on the ground--thankfully not hurt--and grabbed Izuna from her armpits, pulling the child into her lap as her eyes ran over her body. "Are you hurt?"

She got a grin in return, which got her to notice that Izuna's mouth was covered in burn marks. Even when Izuna shook her head hurriedly and slid off of the Nohara, Rin didn't stop scowling.

"You've burned yourself! Let me heal you first!" The Uchiha rolled her eyes, breathing deeply to calm her exasperation as she looked at the older girl in defeat, knowing that if she didn't allow Rin to do as she pleases then they might as well be stuck there all day. Gently pulling the girl towards her once more, Rin's hand hovered over Izuna's lips and cheeks, glowing a green color as warmth flooded the burnt areas on Izuna's face. Barely half a minute passed before Rin retreated her hands back, smiling gently.

"There, all good now." Rin ruffled Izuna's hair fondly, but the girl only tugged at the older's sleeve, pulling her in a direction away from the place they--and the other girl Rin was talking to--were at. "Where do you want to go, Izuna?"

'Come on.' Izuna merely signed back, agitation clear on her face as the Nohara didn't move an inch from her place, before she finally yielded and followed.

"Bye, Kurenai!" Rin sighed with a grin on her face. At least she got to say goodbye to her friend. Whatever Izuna wanted to show her was important, if her behavior was anything to go by.

About ten minutes later, the girls arrived at a huge pond that could almost be mistaken as a lake from its size, surrounded with trees. Stopping at the docks, Rin turned to stare at Izuna curiously, a knowing, carefully hidden glint in her eyes. After all, Izuna wanted to surprise her.

"So what now?"

'Watch.' And watch, she did.

She concentrated with bated breath. Izuna weaved through the handseals slowly and carefully, making sure not to mess up.

Snake, Ram, Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger.

'Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu.'

Rin watched in amazement as flames in a humongous orb swept over the whole clearing. It looked like a comet--it might have been--but whatever it was, Rin had to break free from her trance and take a step back from the growing heat the ball emitted. It was too hot. No wonder Izuna had been showing up with burn marks for the past two weeks. The water below them in the pond sizzled from the fire, steam covering the place as after a minute Izuna finally dropped her Justu, a grin so wide it almost split her face appearing on her lips. The Justu was stronger than Obito's, no doubt. It was stronger than anyone's she had ever seen. Izuna was wonderful.

"You're a genius, my god!" Rin exclaimed, beaming back at the girl as she swept her from the ground and twirled her around in midair, hugging her tightly to her chest. Izuna laughed soundlessly in happiness, hugging the Nohara back closely. She loved Rin, she really did.