Burning House

"Tokuma," Shisui whispered hurriedly at the boy, breaking the eerie silence. He clenched his hands into fists, shaking. "There's no one."

They were hiding in a partly damp and destroyed alleyway, waiting for any sign of life other than them.

"I need to think." Tokuma mumbled, staring at the rising fire with wide and blank eyes. He swallowed heavily, repeating himself. "I need to think."

"Tokuma." Shisui hissed. He grasped the Hyuuga's shoulder forcefully. The boy was too out of it.

"I need to think!" He angrily shrugging Shisui's hand off away with a livid expression, turning to glare at him. "I. Need. To. Think."

"Listen to me." Shisui insisted, his voice breaking. "Why did you come to us? What happened? Before there was an attack, before everyone disappeared, what do you remember? What were you doing?"

"I was with my parents, all right?! At home! I was just sitting in my room, and the fire started! And then!-... And then... I-... I..."

"And then?"

"And then, I found no one. Absolutely no one in the whole damn compound! I saw some people's chakra in the village, but they kept disappearing one by one."

Shisui gritted his teeth in frustration. "But you found us?"

"You and Izuna were the only ones to remain as far as I could see." Tokuma muttered under his breath, closing his eyes shut. "At least, by the time we came back from the Hokage Rock, there was no one else."

"But before you reached us, there were other people?" Shisui bit his lips, shaking his head from left to right. "This doesn't make any sense."

"My parents are dead, and all you can say is that this doesn't make any sense?"

"There are no corpses." Shisui snapped at the boy's pessimism, his breath picking up its pace. He was not going to let himself believe that they might be the only people left alive in the whole village.

He was not allowed to do that.

"They could be in a ditch anywhere, you bastard!" Tokuma fisted Shisui's collar in his hands, pulling the boy closer to his face and mocking him. "What else would their Chakra disappearing mean? Going on a holiday?"

"In case you didn't notice, that would mean my parents are dead too." Shisui's gaze turned cold. He was taken off guard when Tokuma punched him straight in the face.

"Denying it wouldn't change the fact that they're dead!" Shisui threw his fist at Tokuma's face, breaking his nose. The boy wasn't in his right state of mind.

"Would you stop being so selfish and actually help us?"

Tokuma hauled his body at Shisui, bringing the two boys on the ground. He raised his fist to beat the boy again, but Shisui switched their positions without a second thought, a Kunai glinting in his hands as he raised it above his head in warning. Shisui hesitated. Maybe he was going mad too.

Tokuma took the chance and got a Kunai of his own, aiming it at Shisui. Shisui brought his Kunai down without hesitation.

Two clashes resounded throughout the dark alley.

Izuna stood beside them with her arms crossed in an 'X' shape, her claws blocking the assaults of her teammates. She forced Shisui on his back and sat on the stomachs of the two, her claws aimed at their throats. It was a clear warning.