Cheshire Grin

"Hey, can you order a Mango Julius Mocktail with frozen mango juice and extra vanilla ice cream, plus two Soy Sauce Dango sticks coated in chili flakes for me while I go to the restroom?" Izuna stared dumbly at Shisui's request, speechless at his very specific choice of drink and sweets. She was uncomfortable with how he was practically jumping in his place while hiding his very private area, so she shrugged numbly at him. "Yup? Thanks!"

He bolted out to the left, leaving her to decide where to sit. Obviously he knew the place very well; otherwise he would've asked the waiter where the lavatory was first.

Izuna chose the table by the window; it had two chairs only and one round wooden table, perfect. She really hated extras. It just gave her anxiety. Sure, she didn't lead a minimalistic lifestyle--because getting rid of her possessions was a big 'nono' in her dictionary--but extra seats made her panicky.

"What can I get for you today?" A man--the waiter--chimed in brightly as he stood beside Izuna. She did not jump at his sudden appearance. The girl sweat-dropped as she brought out her notebook and pen--which she had previously been unable to access when carrying the Wasabi cake--and began writing down Shisui's order.

Izuna was naturally a slow writer, no matter how many times she had to resort to the action to communicate with others. That was why she preferred the Shinobi sign language. Yet, that was also another problem. Only Shinobi understood her.

Obviously, the waiter wasn't a Shinobi so she had to write.

The man scoffed loudly with a roll of his eyes once he saw her writing the order. "Would you just speak?"

Izuna felt cheated as she glared at the man bitterly. If she could, she would have. She knew that he thought she was one of the people who had the ability to talk, but physically couldn't bring themselves to, yet she couldn't cut him any slack. Those people were as much victims as she was; they could not talk. It wasn't just to grab people's attention, and it definitely wasn't to be dramatic. It was sad that a lot of people thought they were only attention-seeking whores.

She bit the insides of her cheek lightly--not enough to draw blood--and continued to write on the paper after she shook her head sideways. Don't judge a book by its cover, they said. She shouldn't have judged him to be nice because he smiled and looked kind.

"Hurry up. I don't have all day to tend to you; there are other customers." He narrowed his eyes at Izuna, rubbing his brow as if to ward off a coming headache. "If you don't want to be normal, fine with me. But nobody wants to be kept waiting for you to write."

Izuna scornfully cussed Shisui in her mind at his stupid order. He just had to get something detailed and long, didn't he? She breathed deeply, in and out in a calming motion, trying to clear her head. Shisui wasn't the problem, the impatient waiter was.

She shouldn't blame him when he didn't do anything wrong.

Izuna halted slightly in her writing at what crossed her mind, continuing on before the waiter complained some more about her.

She shouldn't blame Shisui when he didn't do anything wrong, just like she shouldn't blame anyone that Rin and Obito were dead.

Just like she shouldn't blame Minato or herself or Kakashi that Rin and Obito were dead.

She shouldn't, but she did.

---

Shisui looked Izuna in the eyes dryly with an amused smile.

He spared a glance at the mocktail again before staring exasperatedly at Izuna's innocent smile.

"...Did you drink my mocktail?"